Chapter Eight

•Omari•

I haven't spoke to Jay for the longest. Three days now, I wonder how he's doing. I mean I like him but he has someone, how do I know?

(Three Days Ago)

I opened the door to my apartment and led him inside, he looked around and we sat on the couch. I turned to look at him, "So, tell me about yourself." He smiled, "Well I'm 21, I can finally drink without having to hide it," we both laughed, "I just moved here from New York, I am a clothing designer at J.H. Inc. and that's basically it. How about you?" He finished, he works at J.H. Inc.? "I'm 29, I been drinking legally for 8 years," I joked and we laughed, "I'm a psychologist, I just live here to save money til I can by me my dream house. You said your from New York, right?" I asked and he nodded, "Me too, the Bronx, I moved here for college a few years ago and became a doctor." I finished, "That's cool." He said.

After having a long conversation about our life goals, dreams, and all the rest, I started to grow on him, I mean yeah he's cute, smart, funny, and has a nice body but I like him, not only his body but him too. We turned on the tv and watched a movie and he fell asleep.

His phone buzzed but it was only once so I ignored it. Then it kept buzzing constantly like someone was spam texting him, I walked over to his phone quietly so he wouldn't wake up. I wasn't trying to be nosy, I was just making sure it wasn't something important. That's when I seen it "15 New Messages from Damien 🥰😫❤️" I set the phone down and sat back on the couch, I don't know why but I was feeling a little jealous, mad even, I wanted Jaylin, and I wanted him bad.

Eventually he woke up and I played as if I was really into the movie and he walked over to his phone in which had buzzed again. He got up and looked at it, I was still playing like I wasn't paying him no attention. I seen him glance at me while blushing and texting the person back, before telling me he had to go feed his dog. Lies. He went to go see that nigga.

(Present Day)

So after that incident, I made a vow to myself that I would have Jaylin, no matter what it took. I had to make a call too, I looked down at my phone and I smiled widely when I seen the name, "Malachi" calling me back. That's right, Jaylin's ex. I had a master plan that should for sure work.

I would find Malachi's contact info and play as if I wanted him, causing him to come see me in which I would invite Jaylin over to my house and- wait I shouldn't be telling you the rest, you might go tell Jaylin. Just watch and find out, you'll see. I let Malachi call and go to voicemail before calling Jaylin, he didn't answer, I called him again and he still didn't answer. He must be out with that nigga.

•Jaylin•

I sat up in the hospital bed, folding my arms, "Who's they?" I asked him again with an interrogating tone, he sighed, "I can't tell you." I scoffed, "You cant tell me who's trying to hurt you, hurt us. But yet we are supposed to be a couple, secrets don't help a relationship it hurts it, so tell me who they are or you can go." I said pointing to the door.

He just stood there, "I'm waiting." I said. He looked at me again, "I wish I could tell you I really do but-"

"Just go." I said

"What"

"I said go!" I said getting louder.

"Jay you know I love-"

"You don't love me," I said, "Love doesn't get somebody shot then don't tell them what's going on," I said even louder, "Are you in a gang?" I asked

"What?! No!" He said all surprised that I said that.

"Then what's going on. I'm your boyfriend, you should be able to tell me anything."

"I just can't. I don't want you to get involved."

"Too late now nigga, yo ass brought me into this shit when you asked me to be yo boyfriend so you need to either tell me or go until you ready to. Ion play secrets in my relationships."

"I said I can't tell you."

"Then goodbye Damien. Call me when you ready to talk." I said laying back down.

He finally walked out after handing me my phone and charger, I plugged it up and turned it on, 2 missed calls from Omari. I didn't want to talk or be bothered by anyone so I just sat it down and fell asleep.

•Damien•

I'll admit, i fucked up and probably should've dealt with this all before I decided to get with someone. I mean I love Jay, I really do and I just can't let him get hurt again.

I drove to my house and seen a note stuck in the door, I opened it, "Stay away from Jaylin, he's mines" who would've sent this to my house and who knows my address? I ripped it up and threw it in the trash, I sat down on the couch sighing, should I tell him? It's better for him to find out from me than from someone else, right? I thought to myself, I looked over at the place where Jay got shot at, everything started to replay in my head, Jamie getting tackled, Jay getting shot. I finally fell asleep.

(The Next Morning)

I called in and told my job I wouldn't be coming in until next week, I needed to sort things out with Jay, I got a call from a 1800 number so I answered, "Hello, are you Damien Smith?" The woman said, "Yes, this is he." I responded, "Good, your brother, Jaylin, is ready to be released, his phone stopped working so he's here waiting." She said. "Okay I'm on the way." I said, rushing to the hospital. I got up to his room and the nurse was helping him get into some regular clothes, "Hey," I said looking at Jay. He rolled his eyes.

The nurse finally let after telling me that he shouldn't do too much of anything while he heals and needed to stay with someone for at least 3 days. I nodded and she brought him a wheel chair before wheeling him to my car.

The ride was mostly silent, "How you feeling?" I asked him, "Fine, you can take me home." He said with that same attitude from yesterday, "No, you're staying with me." I said.

•Jaylin•

I honestly didn't wanna be bothered by him, and being around him just makes me even more angry about what he's hiding. "No, I'm going home." I said again. "Jaylin, your ass is staying with me until you heal." He said more firmly with some bass in his voice, not even gon cap, it was kinda sexy. Setting aside my pride, he was right, I was still weak at times. I sighed, "Whatever."

The nurse came back with the wheelchair and brought me to Damien's car. We was on the way back and I decided to ask him again, "What did you mean you don't want them to hurt me? You don't have to specify on who they are, but can you at least explain what that guy was doing at your house?" He sighed and looked at me, "Fine. He was one of my close friends when I started in the game, he was like a big brother. Until I started going up the ranks, leaving him behind, he turned on me. So his jealousy led him to try and kill me that night." My heart dropped, Damien was in the game. For those of you who don't know what the game is, it's what we call hustling, gang banging and all that good stuff. "So you're in a gang?" I asked him. He shook his head, "No! God no! I just worked as a hitman and sold drugs and stuff." He said.

I looked down, I never would've thought someone like him would be involved in something like that. We finally arrived at his house, and that's when I seen him, physically standing in front of me. Why was he here?

A/N: wazzup y'all, I was going to post this yesterday I just didn't know how to end the chapter, so I had to add more drama bc I couldn't end it happily, my bad! Anyways ✌🏾