Chapter 32

The storm was raging where Leah landed. An abandoned house stood lone in the forest. The Impala was parked outside the cabin, nestled under the shade of a few trees.

     Through the window, a faint glow illuminated surrounding trees. The hidden girl knew what it was. Raphael was trapped there in holy fire.

    Leah smirked, now was her chance. She dashed through the woods and went around the house to find a back entrance. Fortunately, the door was unlocked.

    From the commotion brought by the storm, her footsteps were silenced and she wasn't noticed entering the house. Dean and Castiel were focused, talking to Raphael and questioning him on where God was.

    Soon they were going to leave, Leah was waiting for that moment. After what seemed like forever, the two left Raphael trapped in the holy fire. The roar of the Impala's engine was gone when she rushed out and jumped over the flames, tackling Raphael to the ground.

    The archangel was caught off guard which made it easier for her to steal the blade. When Raphael saw his archangel blade in her hand, he charged.

    Leah saw him rushing towards her and she jumped over the fire and back into safety. "Sorry about that Raphy. I need this to save your brother's life."

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Leah was back in the forest and very paranoid. She didn't know when Raphael would escape the holy fire and when he did, he wouldn't be happy with her. "Gabriel, send me back. I got what I need."

    The calendar next to her face when she landed was showing the date it was when she left. Gabriel was laying on the couch surrounded by candy wrappers.

    "Good job," he told her. "I don't suppose you tell me what you have hidden in your jacket right?"

    "Sorry, Gabe," she didn't appreciate him continuing to pry but was glad that he was able to bring her back.

    "I'm guessing you have to go, now," he walked over to her and brought out his ready to snap his fingers.

    "I don't know where I'm going next. I never really figured that out."

   "Is that so? Why did you get that weapon then? When are you going to use it?"

   "Not yet. That fight isn't happening for months."

   "Months? I could always just take you there. You don't have to wait months."

    "I do, I really do. This thing I'm fighting will not be easy. Any chance I have to prepare, I'll take it."

     "What are you fighting? I can help you, kiddo. I could probably take care of it myself."

   "Gabe, I have to do this on my own. This is for your own good."

   The archangel obviously wanted to keep talking about the current subject, but decided to stop. "So," he fell on the couch. "What are you going to do now? You're welcome to stay here until you find out where you're going."

   "Thanks, Gabe, I think I'll take you up on that."

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     The next couple of days, Leah lived in peace. Gabriel taught her some of the things he picked up in the last millenia.

    One day, he walked into the kitchen with a few knives. "If you're going to be fighting, at least let me teach you how."

   Leah chuckled. "Gabe, my dad's a NAVY Seal, I already know what I need to know."

    "Not quite what I mean, fighting against humans is one thing, but something powerful is different. You need to learn what you're up against."

    "You're right, I need a library of lore. There's two places that come in mind. One of them you can't get into, and I don't think I can get into it, and the other, should work."

     "Great, I'll take you there.  Just tell me where."

   "I don't exactly know where it is."

    "That's okay, just describe it. What is it anyways?"

    "You've heard of the Campbell hunting family right?"

    "Obviously. I mean Mary Campbell is kind of an important piece in the Apocalypse."

    "Well, the Campbell family has a library. That's where I want to go."

    Gabriel thought about it for a moment. "I think I know what you're talking about. Let's go."

    A sour expression washed over her face. "You're coming with?"

    "Am I not invited?"

    "I mean, well, if you're there you can see what I'm learning about."

    He huffed a breath. "Don't act like I don't know what all this is about, okay? I see that look in your eye whenever we talk about your upcoming fight. Whatever the hell it is, it has to do with me. I'm not mad at you, not yet at least. I just want to know what's happening."

    Leah shook her head. "Gabe, no. It doesn't have to do with you."

    The archangel scoffed. "No, don't say that. Don't lie to me. First of all, you're not that good at it. Second of all, you're the last person I want lying to me."

    "And why's that, Gabe?" Leah felt herself start to break. Questions she's harbored for a while starting to poke out. "Why do I mean anything at all to you? Why do you keep helping me? I'm a nuisance, I know it! I see it in the eyes of everyone I come across. Why am I different?"

     "You're pure," he stated, simply.

     "Pure? Is that so?" She began to pace around the room. "I'm far from it. I've let people die. I'm nothing even close to pure."

    "You live in a world where monsters don't exist, where I don't exist. A world where no one has to fear for monsters. It's just pure human. It breeds more compassion, something special. And here you are, mad at yourself for not helping. Bad people would never feel that guilt. Your different. You're not one to push away."

     "Believe me, I'm nothing special. And if you would use your brain, you'd see it to. All I want to do is get home, can you help?"

     "Fine," a sour expression covered his face. "I'll take you to the library."