weight of memory

Bobby still ain't moving from staring at the girl across the hall. She's still the same, long dark brown hair, chubby cheek, gummy smile... her petite figure hugged by a tight ripped jeans and cropped sweater that shows her willowy waist.

"Is that Hanbin's girlfriend?" Jisoo's question startled Bobby.

He didn't answer.

"Wow... she's very beautiful," Jisoo continues, "and they look really good together."

"Happy birthday, brother!!" Jinan is the first person to congratulates him, the other follows. They hugged him and say a prayer for him.

"Shouldn't we go there and wish him a happy birthday?" Jisoo asked.

"Y-you're right."

"Go, go there and congratulates him!" Jisoo said.

Bobby nervously walking towards Hanbin. Bobby took another heavy breath before reaching Hanbin—and Jennie.

Jennie who's still laughing with Rose and Lisa suddenly lost all of her laughter when she saw him. Bobby, walking toward her—or Hanbin. Her heart feel a little sore when she saw a girl walking behind Bobby with her hand tangled to him.

"Hanbin-ah..." Bobby call Hanbin.

"Oh my... y-you're here too!" Hanbin was a little awkward but then he pull Bobby into a hug, just a brief hug and carefully he release Bobby and turn to Jennie. But she's gone from his side.

"Hanbin, happy birthday!" Jisoo bowed to him.

"T-thank you." Hanbin bowed back. He turned to Bobby and awkwardly smile, "I hope you'll enjoy the party."

It's hard for Hanbin to walk through the crowd that keep on stopping him and wishing him a happy birthday, but finally he get to the bar area where Jennie is.

"Hey," he patted Jennie's back.

"Hey, birthday boy." Jennie gave him a glass of champagne, "This is the champagne I talked about in the car."

Hanbin is not listening, "Are you okay?"

"Me? Yeah, why not?" she raised the glass, "toast?"

Hanbin clink the edge of his glass against Jennie's.

Jennie gulped it in one go and put down her glass on the bar table.

"How's the surprise party?" Jennie asked.

"Great, thanks, Jen." Hanbin's eye pointed at someone who stand across the room, definitely looking at his direction. "Jen, he—"

"Jennie." Lisa came and cut Hanbin, "I hope you're not mad that I invite..."

Rose beside Lisa also showing a worry face.

"Invite who? Bobby? Ughh I'm disappointed that you invite Bobby... not Song Mino, or Justin Bieber." She laughs. The girls seems relief and laughing with her.

Hanbin staring at her.

Jennie glancing at Hanbin from the corner of her eyes, "Happy with the party I made for you, one and only Hanbin?"

He's smiling and nodded, "thanks again."

"Anytime." Jennie wrap her arms around Hanbin's neck and hug him tight. To tight that it reach the point that it's not her normal hug.

"Stop using me to make a certain someone jealous." Hanbin whispers.

Jennie pull away a little but not releasing her arm from his neck, "happy birthday, Binnie."