Chapter Six

Back at the base, Ratchet carefully stitched up and bandaged Bumblebee's doorwing; his systems would eventually repair the dents in his body.

"How exactly do you plan on explaining your broken doorwing?" Ratchet said, pulling the medical thread a little too tight.

Bee winced, "Easy...doc...I'll say...run in...crazy 'Con...technically...true."

"And how do you plan on explaining when you suddenly keel over and offline in less than a year?" Ratchet argued. "Even before that, your condition will worsen to the point where you won't be able to fight anymore, and barely be able to walk."

Bee scrubbed his faceplates with one servo, "Think of...something."

"Think of something?!" Ratchet yelled. "Bumblebee, sooner or later someone is going to notice!"

Bee sighed, "How long...before you...tell...Optimus?"

Ratchet sighed and closed his optics, "I will give you until four months before your 'doomsday', shall we call it, before I tell him. You have until then to convince Magnia to bond with you. If she hasn't agreed by then, I'm telling him."

"Fine...." Bee agreed reluctantly. He knew Magnia would not be persuaded to bond with him; she had told him she hated him, which had damn near broken his spark. He hated having these feelings, hated how a Decepticon could control his emotions that easily. It wasn't fair; if she could do it to him, he should be able to do the same to her. But she seemed to be almost emotionless, a cold stone.

Ratchet finished bandaging his doorwing, and let him leave the Medbay. As Bee passed under a doorway, a bucket of cold water fell from the top and drenched him completely. Bee glared up at the twins, who were chortling above him, high fiving.

"Got ya, Bee," they laughed in unison.

"Fraggers..." Bee grumbled. "Got my...bandages...all wet!"

"Ah, sorry Bee," Mudflap said and Skids chimed in. "Yeah, sorry man." Bumblebee stormed away, shaking his helm angrily, and the twins followed closely behind.

"What happened to ya, Bee?" Mudflap asked.

"Run in...with crazy...'Con," Bee said quickly. The twins looked at each other and rolled their optics.

"Sounds rehearsed, doesn't it Mudflap?" Skids said slyly.

"Yeah it does Skids," Mudflap grinned. "I bet he was out with a giiiirl."

"I bet he was drag racing and flew off the ramp," Skids laughed.

"Frag...off," Bee said angrily. The twins rolled away, laughing and calling, "See ya later, Bumblebeeps!"