Bond

The voice did not make her flinch in the slightest, nor made her turn and face the source of it. She was tired, sad, drained from all emotions and tears. She had nothing left...or so she felt.

The silence followed for around a minute or so, then, she felt a soft but sudden movement on her mattress. The blue hooded skeleton sat down gently on the other edge of the bed. His back facing hers, he clasped his hands together and looked at the floor, frustration, sadness and guilt were taking over his face.

"frisk...i am sorry..truly..." his voice started trembling slightly "for everything i've done to you...for ignoring you and your feelings, for so many years...for hurting you...making you feel unwanted...i was stupid, selfish..."

The words made her look surprised now, she shivered slightly on her bed. He turned his skull faintly towards her, resting his palm on the mattress, pointing faintly at her, as if he wanted to give her some kind of..comforting touch.

"y-you...probably won't forgive me, i don't expect you to...but..." his tone turned even sadder now "please...don't turn your back on me...the way i did...i finally realized my feelings towards you. after everything i've done...we probably can't be together...at least uh..." he looked to the side, slightly embarrassed. A blue hue was appearing on his cheeks now. "not the way i want..."

The last words made her flinch now. <<Th-the way he...wants? Am I....getting this right?>> she thought to herself, confused.

"but uh..." he scratched the back of his skull in embarrassment. "can we at least...remain friends?.." he asked with a somewhat pleading tone.

Her face turned sadder now at the question. He waited long for an answer, any kind of answer, a yes, a no, maybe...but nothing came.

He let out a heavy sigh and got up, then put his hands into his pockets and with an extremely pained aspect walked towards the door.

"Sans! Wait..." she suddenly let out, getting off her bed and facing him now. He turned around instantly, glancing at her with hope. His face softened in a second at the sight. He could notice faint tear traces on her cheeks, it made him despise himself even more. But...her pure, soft face, looking down at her fidgeting hands, it made him so happy to be able to see it again...he could never find peace without it.

She was wearing some pink pyjama shorts and a loose, white t-shirt. She now hid her hands behind her back, but the nervousness shifted towards her leg that was starting to shake now, as if she was impatient.

He noticed that, it made the corners of his grin perk up, though...a blue tint covered his cheeks when he observed more of those beautiful, smooth, long legs. He averted his gaze in an instant.

"S-sans..." she pronounced, her voice shaking a bit, still looking down. "I...i'm sorry for yelling at you back then..." she looked to the side now, ashamed.

The words took the skeleton completely aback.

<<sorry? she is sorry?>> he thought, completely bewildered. After everything he's done, she is the one being sorry. How much more kindness can a tiny woman like this store inside...

"I uh...what you said now...i'm not sure I have interpreted it right but...i will say it anyways." she gazed right at him, with a slight pout, soft, closed, slightly arched eyes and a blush on her cheeks, pure determination was on her aspect now.

"I want to be more...than just friends..."

The words pierced right through his soul, he's never felt so happy in his life. He looked at her completely shocked.

"I guess...uh...that's not what you meant..." she looked down again, disappointed.

He suddenly grabbed her by the small shoulders, she looked up at him in astonishment.