Puppy Love

A puppy is what she wants.
It'll wag its tail on command, even sit and stay if she pleases it do so.
Train it to turn around, roll over and speak when she wants it to; and she'll praise it every time it does something right. All the puppy wants to do is gain approval from her, so over and over the puppy will perform task after task just to see that she approves.
It doesn't matter how she treats it in return. At the start, admiration was all that was received and it was encouraged to continue the behaviour being shown. But soon, she got bored; neglecting the puppy was the initial action taken, however, this didn't stop it.
Everyday, the puppy would continue to follow her, perform for her even without request; it would eventually just sit before her and wag its tail, waiting for anything from its owner. Yet everyday the girl would acknowledge nothing but the current project she was working on.
Eventually, she got sick of the puppy trying too hard so she decided negative reinforcement must be placed upon it.
Day after day she beat on the helpless puppy, forcing her anger onto it, but day after day the puppy came back hoping to impress her. Blindsided by the love that isn't there, believing that each day something may change; the stupid puppy continuously asks for positive reinforcement but is constantly shut down.
The puppy doesn't know any better, but she does, she's just bored.

I am not your puppy anymore.