𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE
blinding ❜ ☽

       HER FACE LOOKED LIKE SOMEONE HAD SPRINKLED small stars on it and her eyes glimmered with the colour of a meadow on a summer day, the green of the leaves sprouting from a twig and filled up with every wonder in life

      HER FACE LOOKED LIKE SOMEONE HAD SPRINKLED small stars on it and her eyes glimmered with the colour of a meadow on a summer day, the green of the leaves sprouting from a twig and filled up with every wonder in life. Her lips were the soft colour of a rose bud about to bloom in spring. Her deep brown hair reminded of the colour of the earth and the first rain of autumn, almost black in the shadows but gentle in the sun. It was wild and unruly, much like the girl herself, and her dark strands danced around like small twigs moved by a chilly breeze amongst the starry firmament.

         Ilka Holland was a girl of many colours, and they all shone brightly wherever she went. With every step she took she set the ground on fire, filling the air with a boisterous summer that was never meant to end.

         Taking a few strands of her chocolate brown hair between her delicate fingers, she began twirling it. It was a habit caused by the excitedness mixed with pure delight within her heart.

Ilka let out a steady breath and tightened her grip on her guitar before walking into the local pub she was previously standing in front of. She was immediately hit by vibrant lights and the strong smell of alcohol mixed with smoke. The room was filled with students around her age, all of them focussed on either their conversations, drinks or dancing with strangers. Although such an environment could be overwhelming for some people, Ilka felt oddly alive and secure. She didn't particularly like the smell of smoke trying to fill up her nose or the drunken people bumping against her, but it was a part of what she considered her home so she wholeheartedly accepted it.

          With wide and confident steps she made her way through the sea of people, striding across the room with a smile adorning her features. She was headed in no other direction than the stage - the place where she undoubtedly belonged. A man who was already standing on the plateau grinned upon spotting her as she stood at the edge of the crowd.

           "Ah, there she is," he spoke with a playfull tone in his voice, "our most-awaited guest, Ilka Holland!"

           Said girl quickly ascended the stairs leading to the stage and positioned herself next to the man. "It's an honor to be here today," she said jokingly. Ilka and the man, also known as Harry, already knew each other and would always joke a bit around before her performance. Harry stood aside to make room for the singer while beaming proudly at her, "You're our last today, so do your best and show them what you've got."

           With her hands embracing her guitar, Ilka let her eyes wander around the room. She had the crowd's full attention and she enjoyed every moment of it. The vividly colored lights illuminated her angelic face as her body trembled in excitement and she spoke with an audacious voice,

"I will."

---