{Twelve}

Lucy sat on the edge of her throne as she watched with amusement. Everyone who was anyone was outside sitting either in the shade of a large tree or in the hot scorching sunlight.

Everyone was cheering as the Queen readied the sword in her hand. No, she wasn't going to use it, nor did she intend to. Just having a sword shows she was ready for anything. That made her seem strong.

Natsu bent a bit to whisper into her ear, "I'm going to go check on the fighting men."

Lucy nodded, "hurry back." She whispered back as she faced the people still. The women fanning themselves as they wore thin dresses and the men with their rum or whiskey in hand as they were excited for the fighting to begin. There were royals and nobles everywhere. She wanted to invite some common people but that would be bad publicity, so she chose not to, but she knew she would have had more fun.

'Thank the Celestial god common people were allowed to fight for my hand in marriage, if not it would have been a bunch of prissy men in white shinning armor trying to charm me...at least now it will be a bit more entertaining.' Lucy thought as people cheered louder, some of the men emerged towards the middle of the arena to greet the viewers before retreating back.

Lucy stood with a smile. "Everyone!" She shouted over the cheering men and women. The crown she wore on top of her head seemed to catch everyone's attention.

It was Flare's crown. Natsu has given her Flare's fire crown instead of her usual gold and diamond one.

"It is such an honor to be in the presence of you all! I am pleased to see so many of you could come!" Lucy gave a small smile, "as Queen of Magnolia and future overseer of the RavenTail kingdom, having a king consort that is skilled with a weapon will be quite useful...don't you all think?"

Everyone cheered for her. Lucy lifted her hands and everyone became silent. "Good." A smirk ghosted her expression, "may we begin?"

Again everyone broke our in a cheer, a man walked out from under the platform Lucy was upon and lifted his sword.

"Everyone knows the rules correct?" Lucy questioned and everyone shouted a form of 'yes'. The rules were important; no man could fight if he was an only son; no women could fight; men are not supposed to fight with anything other then a sword or dagger of some sort; and lastly, men cannot back down from the fight.

Another man came out and stood next to the other man. Soon everyone counted down, one, two, three, begin!

Their swords clanged and they hit together. One man was the eldest son of the Lamia Scale kingdom's noble family. The other man, whom was a bit younger, was the youngest son of the royal family in the Blue Pegasus kingdom. Their fighting skills equal, but only one will win, be it by death or by quitting.

...

Natsu notices the people cheering as Lucy spoke so he readied the two men whom were first to fight. A twenty year old man from the Lamia Scale kingdom's nobel family and a seventeen year old boy from the royal family in Blue Pegasus. "Ready?" He inquired as he glanced outside. The two nodded and he allowed the older to leave first, after he made his entrance he pushed the youngest one out.

"I-I don't want to!" The boy shouted scared. Natsu shushed him and pushed him harder so he could run. No male is allowed to back down.

Natsu turned around and could hear some of the men trash talking each other and their royal or noble positions. Not wanting to get recognized he took the first helmet he found on the sandy ground and put it on quickly. He continued to watch as the two male's fought. He held his sword in his belt around his waist as he watched intrigued.