{Sixteen}

Everyone chatted as the sun left from above them and the moon took its place. It was a full moon and after Lucy won a fight, people from the RavenTail kingdom came to the wedding to watch their newly respected verseer marry her advisor.

Natsu waited patiently as Lucy got ready inside the castle walls. He talked with others. Conversed with the common folk. He did anything he could to get his nerves in check.

Natsu reminded himself plenty of times that this was a forced and arranged wedding. The only reason they are getting married is that he was forced into the fighting pits and won. Though everyone seemed excited for them, he wondered if they were more excited to drink again. Magnolia is said to be the best kingdom with the strongest alcohol after all.

"Are you ready?" His father asked from beside him. He draped one arm around Natsu's shoulder and another holding a drink. He passed the red stained cup into his hands.

"What's this?" Natsu asked as he brought the cup to his mouth.

"Liquid courage," Igneel said. "You look great."

"I hope I do." Natsu shook his head trying to rid the nervous feelings settling in his stomach. "And thanks for the drink, I needed it."

Igneel raised an eyebrow, "why so nervous son? You should be glad, you've brought the Dragneel family fortune."

Natsu rolled his eyes and scoffed, "as if I really care about that. You're just happy nobody is talking about the bastard child in mother's arms right now." He eyes his mother who was currently cooing at the baby in her pale arms. "You're are lucky she looks like mother."

"Little Wendy was all people talked about in FairyTail, curse us and being the most well-known family in that kingdom," Igneel muttered the last sentence. "But let me ask again. Why so nervous?"

Natsu sighed. "Honestly...I don't know." He glanced down at his feet. "I have this feeling I'm going to fuck it up."

"Fuck what up? The wedding? Or the actual married life?"

"Both." He bit his lip. "Both."

"Lucy, though ignorant and sly, is very smart and caring. There's something she sees in you."

Natsu raised an eyebrow in question, "how do you know?"

"That girl has never performed any action for any man without them dying immediately afterward."

Natsu's eyes widen. "H-how did you-?"

Igneel pulled out a small journey from his pocket. "The girl writes."

Natsu quickly took the journal out of his hands and huffed. "You are such a kleptomaniac."

Igneel shrugged. "Oh well."

People started to quiet down. Igneel smirked and patted Natsu's chest. "I'll go take my seat. Good luck kiddo."

"I'm not a kid," Natsu muttered.

"Right. Of course." And with that, Igneel left, possibly to not be seen until everyone leaves.

A woman who was dressed as a maid bowed before him and led him to a spot in front of a man. He held a book in his hands and a star was tattooed on his face signifying he worships the Celestial God.

Natsu wondered if tattoos would play as Lucy walked. But to his great surprise, an expensive looking harp played a beautiful sound. Everyone was silent and turned in their seats to face their Queen and ally as she walked.

Natsu couldn't look up from the ground. His eyes were down and he took a sudden interest of the grass beneath him. It was low cut, a vibrant green during the night, bugs in the grass, it was different compared to the brown dry grass they saw in RavenTail.