Chapter Two.

I hear the commotion of the people inside as I approach the front door of my cottage, I slowly open the door and see the boys lounging in the living area and the girls are deciding what to cook for dinner.

"Nice to see you feel at home already!" I giggle as Lily smirks before rummaging through the cupboards.

"This place is lovely" Conor says as he kicks his legs up on to the coffee table.

I recognize that my suitcase has already been brought in , Faith must've brought it in after she had been talking to me outside by the lake. I pick it up and carry it into the room that was once my parents, I walk to the end of the hallway on my left and swing the door open revealing a lavish, rustic master bedroom. Looks like Byron has already discovered the room already, all of his things are scattered on the bed.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and lay my suitcase next to me, I admire how beautiful the room is. I never really spent much time in this room as a kid, I was too busy outside playing with rocks or climbing trees and falling out of them as I bruised my knees.

I explore the silk bed sheets with my hands, the sun shining directly through the window onto the bed making the sheets illuminate and glow. I've never seen something simple become so beautiful , just a matter of certain sunlight to make it glow.

I stand up off of the bed and unzip my suitcase, I would prefer wearing something more comfortable to suit the relaxing vibe of this place.

I pull out a pair of loose black pants and a simple white tee, I don't mind how unattractive I look around here. I just want to be comfortable and unwind after all of the drama in my life. It almost seems like all of this is just a twisted, fucked up dream.

I slip into my clothes quickly and tie my hair up, it's messy but at this point I don't really care. I'm here to relax not attend an award show.

I make my way back out into the kitchen where the girls are arguing over a pasta dish or meatloaf for dinner.

"Why not both guys, calm down" I giggle as the girls shrug their shoulders, "I mean, I could eat a horse right now".

"It sounds like a good idea" Lily smiles as the girls start taking groceries out of the fridge and lay them on the counter. I hear my stomach grumbling as I see all of the food being taken out of the fridge, they better hope I don't get my hands on all of this before dinner is cooked.

"Babe, come over here!" I hear Byron call out as I meet his gaze, I see him smirking as I make my way over to where he was sitting. Instead of sitting next to him, I take a comfortable seat on his lap as his arms wrap around my waist.

"So, what do you think we should do later? I can start up a fire and we can just enjoy all of this serenity" I smile as the guys look at each other, thinking.

"I'm definitely down for a nice fire , great company and amazing drinks" Jack chuckles as I feel Byron's grip tighten around me.

All the girls in the kitchen yell out in agreement, as I turn to look at Byron. I kiss him passionately for a few long seconds before laying my head against his. I'm glad to have Byron by my side through all of this commotion, I'm not happy about dragging him and everyone of his friends into this though. I'd hate to see any of them get hurt.

I switch positions off Byron and lay my feet on the floor, I stand up and fix my shirt before heading in my room and grabbing a cozy sweater belonging to Byron. I shove it forcefully over my head and let it dangle off me, the comforting smell of cologne fills my nose as the air settles around me.

I walk out into the presence of everyone else before shoving a pair of sneakers on and heading back outside in to the cold Autumn air, the sun setting painting the sky beautiful reds and yellows. They even combine to make a beautiful orange in most places.