Chapter 3

Skylar's POV

*time skip to Friday afternoon*

Wow, this is actually happening. I'm actually going out with Taylor. I didn't imagine my first week of college going like this. Hanging out with my cousin's friends and end up kissing one and then later date said friend. My mind trails off thinking of everything that could happen between me and Taylor. I wonder what he is thinking about all of this...

Taylor's POV

Tonight's the night. I'm taking Skylar out. I'm taking her to an adventure park. I know, I told her to dress nice, but slight change of plans. I want her to have fun on her first date. So I text her to wear something sporty. She's confused, but complies nonetheless. I'm excited. I've never met someone like Skylar. She has a fun personality.

Because we both live on campus, I go to her dorm to pick her up. I knock on her door, not knowing what I expect. When she opens the door, she is wearing cute athletic leggings and a t-shirt. I just gawk until she waves her hand in front of my face saying,

"Hellooo?"

"Oh, sorry. You look good."

She starts blushing,

"Thank you."

"It's getting late, so why don't we head out?"

"Sounds good."

With that, I pick her up, literally, and she starts laughing,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm picking you up for our date."

"You're a dork" She says laughing.

"I know" I reply laughing with her.

I put her down and we walk to my car. Skylar still doesn't know where we are going. She keeps asking questions, trying to get it out of me, but I manage to keep my lips sealed. Though, she is cute when she begs. Note to self for later. We pull up to the parking lot and Skylar's eyes go wide.

"Oh my god, how'd you know I like adventure parks?"

"Skylar, all you ever talk about is being adventurous and loving the outdoors!"

"Oh, haha, right."

So we park and get out and walk to get our gear. We need gloves so we don't get rope burn. We need a harness so we don't fall. I've never done this before, but Skylar doesn't need to know that.

Skylar's POV

Taylor takes me to an adventure park. I'm shocked that he actually pays attention to what I talk about. Guys just normally disregard what I say. So I'm thankful that Taylor isn't like other guys.

Anyway, we gear up and go through the safety course, so people know how to maneuver through the different ropes courses. I'm able to the black diamond course, but Taylor looks a little scared, so we start on an easier course, just to warm up. This way Taylor can conquer his worries without actually realizing that I am helping him. Plus, because this is my first date, and I really like Taylor, I want to be with him as much as possible. And I like to show off, but that's just for fun.

*time skip 2-3 hours later*

Taylor's POV

That had to be one of the best dates I have ever been on! And I was scared at first too. But I am so glad I asked Skylar out. I know that I am going to get judged for asking out an 18 year old, but I see something in her that I haven't seen in other girls. I just hope she feels the same way.

I notice that she has fallen asleep in the car on the way back to campus. I smile to myself thinking "I am so lucky to have her." When we get back to campus, I decide to take Skylar back to my dorm. I have a feeling she won't mind sleeping with me. Not like having sex, but me holding her and playing with her hair while she falls asleep. Soon enough, she's out. Meaning, that is my cue and a couple minutes later, I am drifting off into sleep.

*next morning*

Skylar's POV

I wake up and look around, realizing I am not in my dorm room, but I am actually in Taylor's. Wow, I must've been really tired last night because I do not remember falling asleep in his bed. Oh well. I turn over so I am facing Taylor. He wakes up a couple minutes later and I close my eyes pretending I am asleep. Apparently he notices and starts tickling me. I start smiling uncontrollably.

"Well that failed," I say laughing.

"You thought you could trick me into thinking you were asleep?" He says. "Good try Skylar."

"It was worth a try" I answer.

"Yea... uh-huh" He says nodding, but not actually agreeing with me.

Taylor's POV

The room falls silent for a couple minutes when Skylar says,

"I don't wanna get up, I want to stay in bed all day."

"We don't have to get up babe, it's Saturday" I answer.

"Oh. Right," She states and adds, "You called me babe..."

"Yes, I did. Do you like it?" I ask

"Yes I like it. I love nicknames, but more on that later."

"Ok, whatever you say."

"Ok. Goodnight."

"What! Sky, you just woke up."

"Yea and I don't plan on getting out of bed, so I'm gonna sleep," She says proudly.

And that's what we do for the rest of the day, hang out and be lazy.

AN: sorry for such a long break in between uploads. I was on winter break and became busy. and then school just started up again, and i get bored in some of my classes, so i started writing again. chapter 4 will come along eventually.