Chapter 1

Skylar's POV

Today is move in day for freshmen at Montana State University. I am originally from South Dakota, but I want to experience life living somewhere else. I don't know anyone who goes to MSU except for my cousin Jordan, who is a couple years older than me. 

Jordan is 21 and loves going to MSU. He talks about it so much and how many friends he's made while being there, that I decided to tour the campus as a senior in high school. I fell in love with the campus and everyone I met there who was also visiting. It just seems like the perfect definition of what college is supposed to be like. Fun times. I'm just excited to be going to college somewhere new and to also have someone there I know.

After I get settled into my dorm, and I meet my roommate and she gets settled, Jordan decides to let me hang around him and his friends for the first couple days. He wants to make sure I feel comfortable here and that I know some friendly faces around campus before everything starts becoming hectic. He introduces his friend group to me . Laela, who is 21. Clara who is also 21. Talia is 19, Jason is 20, and Taylor is 22. It's good to know my cousin is watching out for me, and that his friend group are people I can count on incase something happens.

Taylor is quite cute actually. I've only known him for like a day but I feel something towards him already, I just don't if he feels the same. Because it is still the first week of college, (classes haven't even started yet) Jordan invites me and his friends over to do a drinking game of Never Have I Ever, just trying to break the ice, and so I can get to know everyone better and vice versa. Clara takes charge on getting the drinks and starting the game,

"Never have I ever been kicked out of a bar."

I look around to see who drinks and surprisingly Taylor and Laela do. That seems like an entertaining story I will ask about later. It's Laela's turn,

"Never have I ever gone skinny dipping."

Huh, I would've thought she had, but each to their own. I take a shot along with Jordan, Clara, Taylor, and Talia. Speaking of Talia, it's her turn to go,

"Never have I ever liked someone from this friend group."

I take a shot along with everyone but Talia, because I learned she is dating someone from outside this friend group. I wonder who Taylor likes/liked.

"Never have I ever kissed someone I've just met" Taylor states aloud. 

Of course I don't drink, but Talia and Clara do. They look at each other while they take a shot. I wonder what that's about. I'll probably find out the story later on. Jordan's up next,

"Never have I ever got caught watching porn."

All of us, including Jordan, take a shot. 

"Dude, it's called Never Have I Ever, why'd you drink?" I ask my dumbass of a cousin.

"I couldn't think of anything good!" He exclaims defending himself. We go around telling the story of how we each got caught. I got caught back in like 7th grade. Anyways, Jason's turn,

"Never have I ever had a serious relationship."

Talia, Clara, Jordan, Taylor, and Laela drink. Yea, I guess that's something not many people know about me. I've dated around but my longest relationship was 3 months, so I don't consider that serious. Now that I'm in college, I hope that changes. I hope someone likes me for me and all my flaws. Everyone's looking at me like I spaced out. Oh! Duh, it's my turn. 

"Never have I ever kissed anyone."

Everyone drinks, I'm not surprised. I think I am the only 18 year old who hasn't had their first kiss. A little later on, we started playing truth or dare and if you didn't do whatever was asked of you, you had to drink. By the end of the game, Clara and Jordan were wasted. I don't like being the center of attention, so every time I got an embarrassing dare, I would take a drink. By the end of the night, I was pretty tipsy/on the edge of being drunk. 

Clara, Laela, and Talia share a dorm suite while Jason, Jordan, and Taylor share a dorm suite. As for me, I'm a freshman and have to stay in the first year dorms. I've learned Talia goes to her boyfriend's room a lot. After we all decide to go in for the night, Clara and Jordan go to Jordan's room to do God knows what. Jason and Laela go back to Laela's room together. Hmm, I wonder what is going on between them. Talia heads out, presumably to her boyfriend's room. As for Taylor and I, we kind of just sit where we are.

Towards the middle of the night, I was tipsy and I found out when I get tipsy, I become really tired and lethargic. So I end up lying down on Taylor's knee/lap because he was sitting next to me. After everyone left, somehow we ended up in a cuddling position, me being the little spoon, and him the big spoon. I don't remember much of that night. But I do remember that I had my first kiss that night. I guess I fell asleep shortly after because when I woke up the next day, I wasn't in my dorm room. I look around and realized I'm still with Taylor. If Jordan finds out about this, how do I explain it to him? What will he think about his younger cousin being with one of his best friends. I quickly and quietly get out of Taylor's bed and do the walk of shame back to my dorm room. 

Now what? Does Taylor remember anything from last night? What if he doesn't like me like that? What if it was just the alcohol playing a role in everything that happened? Oh goodness, I have to talk to him later this week before Jordan finds out anything. When I get back to my dorm room, my roommate is up and decorating her room. She asks,

"What happened last night, and why didn't you come back?"

"Umm, I ended up hanging out with Jordan and his friends. We did drinking games and I was pretty tipsy by the end of the night and I guess I fell asleep over at his place."

"Well next time that happens, please send some kind of something to let me know that you're ok." 

I nod in response. I wanted to get to know people and get settled in. So far, my first weekend on campus has been amazing, I just can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds for me. I still have a pretty bad headache so I take some tylenol and end up falling back asleep.

*AN: Hey guys, so this is my first time actually writing something that has a whole story plot and everything. There will be chapters coming soon, but I am a freshman in college so I don't know how regular they will be. I will try to update as soon as I can. But thank you so much for reading my new book and please let me know what you think.*