Two-Ezra

Azriel avoided me for three days. On day four he came to my door, knocked, and asked for permission to enter. I told him I didn't like his attitude and to leave. So the four days turned into a week. On day eight, he came again. This time I accepted.

"Ezra, I'm sorry for my behavior."

I looked him over and smirked. "Really?"

He nodded and looked at his feet. "Would you like to go for a ride?"

I nodded and followed him out to the horses. He'd already had them saddled and waiting to go. He knew to well, sometimes it's a bad thing but normally...it's good.

I mounted and clicked my steed into a canter, straight for the gates. I had almost reached it when he passed me, laughing triumphantly. I urged the animal faster and tried not to get dirt in my mouth. I barely succeeded.

We stopped in an apple orchard. We sat under the biggest one while the horses drank from the small stream. The tension was almost gone completely.

Azriel sighed.

"What?" I asked him.

He looked at me. "You're to forgiving, you know that, right?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You are. At least, with me you are."

"You're you, Azriel."

"Does this mean I'm special?" He grinned.

I pushed him slightly. He acted as if I had actually moved him and tumbled over. I rolled my eyes at him. "You're hard not to forgive, Azzie."

"Am I now? Because, you're not actually that forgiving. It took you a week to forgive me," he smirked.

"Sorry."

He laughed. "I'm pretty sure that's the only time we've fought."

"It wasn't bad enough to call it a fight. More like an argument."

He nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

The sun had started to set and the Novembre air was getting chilly. I yawned widely. "We should get back."

He nodded and fetched the horses. We rode back laughing and talking the whole way there. The sunset was a breathtaking arrangement of colors. I loved when the sky lit up with crazy pinks and oranges that popped but were calming.

I looked over, catching Azriel staring at me. "What now? Is there a spider on me?"

He shook his head and laughed. "No, its nothing."

I nodded and trotted ahead, reaching the gates and horse post before he did. At the post stood a man who looked familiar but was nowhere in my memory. His dark hair had been greased and combed back, he wore a cloak of an Assassin, and he stood with a cocky confidence. Far too confident for a true thirty year old.

I had just dismounted when I saw Azriel's face. It was a mix of emotions. Anger, pain, and fear was there amongst them all. "Azzie?"

The man turned to us with a grin, "Azzie?"

Azriel dismounted and walked over to me, mumbling "i'm sorry" and then turned to look at the stranger. "Father, this is Ezra."

I stared at the man-Azzie's father.

"So you're the blasted reason my son won't come home? You're that female?"

I looked at Azriel, he was shocked. Probably at the bluntness of his father. "Father, you have no right to speak to her like that."