; a simple talk ;

“namjoon, you need to be nicer to people.” the older just turned up the volume on his phone louder. “namjoon!,’ jin forcefully took the earbuds out of namjoon's ears, earning a icy glare.

normally, any other person would be intimidated, but jin has been friends with namjoon since they were one, going on sixteen strong. “don't you think I know that?”

“joon, please. I know you're going through a lot right now—”

“don't pity me. my mom and dad's shitty relationship has nothing to do with you. so stay out of it.” namjoon jumped down from his best friend's bunk bed, easily landing on his feet and walking out the door.

“namjoon, we're talking about this, whether you like it or not!” he pushed namjoon backwards, catching him off guard. fortunately, jin's parents weren't home yet.

“did you just push me?”

“i had to. now listen to me, for once in your life just LISTEN!” he shook namjoon roughly. namjoon's usual cold demeanor softened when Jin started crying, “fine, i'll talk, just don't cry.” he rubbed jin's hair, laying gentle kisses on his forehead.
-----
“I'M GONNA BEAT YOU!” princess peach zoomed past bowser on the screen, getting closer and closer to the finish line. namjoon grumbled, he couldn't let his friend beat his ass in mario kart for the fifth time in a row. then namjoon had an idea.

namjoon kissed jin's cheek, making him drop the controller and cover his blushing face. this gave namjoon time to cross the finish line at first place.

“YES, I WON! my lucky day!” jin playfully punched namjoon's shoulder. “yah! you cheated!”

“i still won, and that's all that matters.” he smiled smugly.

“i hate you.”

“i love you too.” namjoon had been at seokjin's house for the whole day, grabbing his jacket and hugging jin goodbye while the moon was out.

“bye ms.kim.”

“bye sweetie.” the woman gently pulled namjoon hack and whispered; “you guys will be a great couple one day.”

“what? I mean, a-are you kidding?” little did he know, said person was watching through the stairwell. “c'mon, I see the way you guys look at each other.”

“he wouldn't love someone as bad as me. have a good night.” jin thought about something, before creeping back up to his room.

she sighed as continued cutting the vegetables for dinner. “teenage love, so oblivious...”

••

-- ⚠️ another a b u s e warning ⚠️ --
•••
namjoon finally stepped into the large mansion that he lived in. he can't call it home, per say. it was a place where he slept and ate. at least, that's how namjoon saw it.

his strict father drove a sharp slap across namjoon's cheek, the teenager unaffected.

“where the hell were you? your mother was worried sick.”

yeah, only mom, namjoon thought.

“i was with jinnie. one of the only people who cares about me.” namjoon tried to brush past him, wincing when his father's fingernails dug into his skin. “who the hell said you could talk to me like that?”

“think your grown?” the older man grabbed namjoon's arm and slammed him against the wall, yanking his arm behind his back.

the impact of the wall made namjoon's nose bleed, already knowing that it wasn't over yet.

he was forced around, a strong punch to the face knocking him over. namjoon's father stood over him, driving a hard kick in his stomach. “not so talkitive now, are we?” the man repeatedly kicked him, ignoring the sharp breaths that his son made.

“clean up after yourself, it'll be worse if it's not done by the time I get back.” namjoon flinched as he slammed the door, limping himself to the edge of the sofa. there he softly sobbed, longing for the gentle touch of his best friend.

and that said person just happened to walk through the door.
___________
me and my angst loving ass are just gonna sit in the corner now