Chapter 5

Hagrid flew us expertly on the bike for a long time, so Harry and I had time to talk. "I didn't even know I had an aunt and uncle!" I exclaimed as Harry told me about his life with the Dursley's.

"Yeah, they were horrible." he responded.

"Well, maybe after this term you can live with me."

"Yeah, but how would I explain that to the Dursleys?"

"I don't know."

Suddenly, we landed. "It's best for us to drive from here." Hagrid said. We drove through London. Suddenly, we came to a bar on the corner. "Uh, Hagrid, I don't think we're supposed to go in there..." Harry commented.

"Oh sure yeh are!" Hagrid exclaimed in response.

"Okay..." Harry said.

As we walked through the bar, lots of people came over and goggled at us. "Wow!" and "It's the Potter kids!" could be heard as we walked to a brick wall.

Hagrid tapped the bricks in a combination. Suddenly the bricks began moving! Now there was an opening into a crowded street! As we walked through, we saw lots of little shops, full of stuff like candies and wand care, pet stuff and more! We walked in and out of most of those, buying all the stuff on our lists:

·Size 12 pewter cauldron
·standard black robes 
·wand
·books

There was more, but I don't want to list it all. Suddenly, we walked to Ollivander's Wand Shop. It looked to be very old and paint was coming off everything. "I'll leave you two to find your wands. I have to go get somethin." Hagrid said as he walked away.

As we walked inside, I exclaimed with astonishment. Every wall was covered with small boxes, kind of like a shoe store, and they were all old and dusty.

Suddenly, a little old man came out from a back room. "Ahh!" He said with pleasure, "it's the Potter twins!"