Chapter 13

A/N : this is Christmas Day, if you can't tell. I know, i skipped... a lot. Oh well.

McKenna woke up to hear a few excited Ravenclaws in the common room. She walked in to see that their tree, which had been decked with blues and silvers for the past week, had presents underneath. Only a few students had stayed at Hogwarts, not including Draco or Hermione. She got out of bed and quickly straightened her covers. Then she ran to the sound of giddy students. The tree was beautiful! It was a dark green with a silver and blue garland. It had magical ornaments too! There was a witch reading, a flying eagle, their house symbol, and a wand!

McKenna looked under the tree. She found three shiny presents with her name on them, from her mom, grandma, and... who was this from? She picked up a small silver and green, square package and looked at it. There was no name. The girl behind her, Arabella, a second year, said "Is that... OH MY GOSH! Open it! Open it!"

"O...Kay." McKenna slowly unwrapped it. There was a little box, like the kind from a jewelry store, and a note. She opened the note first. It read:

Dear McKenna,
May this necklace remind you of how much of a star you are.

Happy Christmas,
Your secret admirer~

"An admirer? I don't have an admirer..." All the same, she opened the box.

"Oh... my.. gosh."

Inside the box was a black choker with a silver star pendant. The pendant had a beautiful dark blue sapphire in the middle. McKenna flipped the charm over. It had the date and her name on the back in a flowy handwriting. The first year girls (and Arabella) behind her shrieked "OMG!!!"

Suddenly, their prefect, Taylor, came down the stairs. "What's happened?" Then she saw the necklace.

"Who gave you that?" Taylor questioned.

"It was in this package..." McKenna replied.

Taylor examined the package. Then she shrugged and said "I'm not sure who sent this. You are a very lucky girl, I suppose."

McKenna smiled at Taylor and put the choker on, then looked in the mirror. It was so pretty! She wanted to thank the giver, but who was it? Her other gifts consisted of a silver jacket from her mom and a blue string bracelet and silver headband from her grandma. By the end of the day, McKenna lay on the bed, examining the charm. Who sent this? And who was her admirer?

A/N: I just realized I changed McKenna's name from Kaylenna to McKenna. Odd.. I don't remember that. Let me know which is better!