Epilogue

It's spring, Taehyung's favorite season

It's spring, Taehyung's favorite season. He and Jungkook are walking through a park hand in hand and enjoying the weather. Squirrels are climbing up and down the trees looking for food, and bees are already humming.

Taehyung became attached to see things grow and change since a few years. It reminds him of his relationship with Jungkook. He compares it to a garden with flowers where the plants bloom and bloom until they are bright and colorful.

And even if they die they will return. Because there are ups and downs but they love each other no matter what.
Walking through the park makes Taehyung happy and Jungkook the lovestruck genie he is, of course, wants to make him feel this way.

'Can we sit down?' Taehyung asks after a while when they are near a lake with ducks swimming on the surface. Jungkook agrees and gives his hand a reassuring squeeze.
'Are you ok?' Jungkook asks after a few minutes of silence.

'I think I feel better than you' Taehyung answers and turns his head slowly in the genie's direction.
'Tomorrow is our 30th anniversary.
I- I can't believe it's already been 30 years.' Jungkook mutters and avoids his husbands gaze.

Taehyung hums in agreement. Since a while he's counting his last days. He turned 56 a few weeks ago.
It's still a bit early to leave the earth with such a young age like this. But for him it doesn't matter because he lived a joyful life with Jungkook by his side.

'Do you remember the 21st night of September?' Taehyung asks Jungkook who leans his head on his husband's shoulder. He nods slowly and speaks up 'Yeah. It was the day of your father's funeral. That night we drove through town and discovered this park.'

A tear escapes Taehyung's eye. He can remember that night like it was yesterday. His dad's death came out of nowhere and caught him by surprise. After the funeral he hasn't felt like sleeping and going to bed and with the genie at his side they decided to get a clear mind and walk through town.

At that night they saw people with their dogs walking home from this park, probably after a long day of work. Taehyung the dog lover he is almost cuddled all of them. Jungkook was a bit disappointed that Taehyung gave some dogs more attention than him but he loves him way too much to be angry at him.

'Why are you thinking of your dad's funeral?' Jungkook asks worriedly.
He looks up at Taehyung and brushes his husband's tears away with his thumb. 'The past few days I was thinking of all those things that happened. And right now I was thinking of my dad. He would have loved this park.' Taehyung answers and smiles.

'It's a pity that we never had the chance to have a child' Jungkook mutters. Just the imagination makes him feel giddy that a kid shows their parents a special place. It was his biggest wish to adopt a baby with Taehyung. But Taehyung was always against it, with good reasons. What would their child think when his first father dies and the second one magically disappears?

It would be horrible. For everyone who is related to them. 'Do you already told your mother that we broke up?' The genie asks. He feels horrible, that Taehyung has to lie to his mother about their relationship. But otherwise she would wonder where Jungkook went out of nowhere.

Taehyung nods 'She was so sad that she even wanted to take the next train to visit me.' He laughs a bit but can't find anything funny about it.
'I love you, you know that right?' Jungkook wants to know and pecks Taehyung's lips.

Taehyung smiles. 'Of course, I know that. You do everything for me, for us. It's for the best and I think we made the right decisions.' Jungkook nods. He still can't believe that his lover will leave him. That he has to live with a stranger again.

'I'll miss you. Even worse when you were gone for a week to meet Jimin and I flew after you because I felt so lonely.' Jungkook admits and chuckles at the thought. Taehyung joins in and his skin wrinkles.

'That was seriously soo unexpected. We were out in that bar and just talked about our lives and you tracked me through my phone and bashed through the doors and literally jumped on me.' Taehyung says through laughter.

'Mhh it's been already 6 years ago. Did you talk to Jimin about it?' Jungkook wants to know. Jimin and Taehyung kept in touch over the years and from time to time they met. Obviously Jimin knows about Taehyung's wish to die after 30 happy years of marriage. But maybe he doesn't know that this day is up tomorrow.

'I called him a few days ago when you were out grocery shopping.' Taehyung admits and sighs. 'You know, his wife is really sick. She has really bad cancer in several parts of her body. I think she's not going to make it.'

Jungkook agrees and leans his head on Taehyung's shoulder. 'Life is not always like we want it to be.' He states.

And this was the last day they both spend together because in the middle of the night Taehyung suffered a stroke and died. The genie disappeared just like Taehyung back into his magic lamp and just waits for it, that someone finally rubs it again.

Soo well this was the epilogue I hope you guys liked it andddd if you have questions just ask

Soo well this was the epilogue I hope you guys liked it andddd if you have questions just ask. Also follow my instagram (explosionsareart) and check out my other books.