two

all of us were now at the skating rink. i had my skates on, holding onto the edge to help myself.

it's sad that i was the only one who couldn't skate. but on the bright side, my plan was working. jaemin was skating with yoojin, she could skate but she just needed a bit of help.

so i asked if jaemin could help her and he did. and there i go, falling on my butt.

i struggle to stand back up, this is so embarrassing. out of nowhere, a pair of hands reach out to me. i look up, jaemin? shouldn't he be with yoojin?

i grabbed his hands and stood up, almost falling again but i was caught by jaemin and accidentally hit his chest.

"why did you want all of us to go skating when you yourself can't even skate," he asks.

"i just thought it'd be fun, even though i can't skate well," i answer.

"come on, i'll help you," he says, slowly starting to skate but i stop him.

"wait, it's ok, go to yoojin, i'm sure she needs help," i say.

"says the one who fell down a few minutes ago, and yoojin is skating perfectly fine, look, she's with renjun and jeno," he explains.

plan had just backfired. i thought he wouldn't notice me struggling, darn. i stood there dumbfounded, i couldn't find any other excuse.

"so come on, hold my hands," he says.

i held his hands as he intertwined them. feeling stunned with his actions, i look down feeling my cheeks heat up, what's wrong with you yeseul? get yourself together.

he slowly guided me as i kind of had the hang of it. i smiled as wide as i could, amazed.

"jaemin i'm doing it! i'm doing it!" i exclaim.

he slowly let's go of my hands as i start to panick.

"wait!" i shout in worry and quickly grab his shirt to hug his waist. i clinged onto him like it was the end of my dear life.

he laughs. "you're ok yeseul," he says.

"love birds!" i heard donghyuck call.

damn it. i instantly let go as i fall down on the floor. please tell me you didn't see that yoojin. i look around to find her and see her pouting.

i mouthed to her, i'm sorry. i definitely have to speak to her later.

"i'll just get off the rink to take a break," i say to jaemin.

"i'll help-" he offers but i cut him off and say it's ok.

"just go to yoojin, she's struggling right now, see," i say as i pointed at her.

she really was struggling.

"yeseul noona, i'll help you," jisung offered as i nod. he pulled me up and lead me outside the rink, to one of the benches. sorry jaemin.

i get a drink of water and look around the rink. suddenly, haechan falls as mark laughs at him. soon, he falls too. now haechan was laughing at mark.

i chuckled. i see yoojin and jaemin together, having fun. at least they're skating together again. she looks so shy in front him.

i questioned myself; why did jaemin do that earlier? he's never ever done that, to me since we were young. and why did i feel so flustered? i shook my head and decided to just let it slip.

chenle and jisung were sort of racing each other, they're really the cutest. yoojin comes towards me and sits down next to me.

"why'd you hug him?" she asks being all sulky.

"it was a mistake, i'm so so sorry yoojinnie, he was just helping me skate when he suddenly let go so i panicked and clung onto him, i'm so sorry jinnie, please forgive meee," i explain and clasp my hands together, closing my eyes tight, hoping she'll forgive me.

she laughs, "it's ok, i forgive you, i shouldn't be even that mad considering this whole thing was your idea."

i grin and wink at her.

"i'm the best aren't i?" i state.

"no, jaemin is the best," she protests. i look at her, slightly mad but then laugh after.

an hour had soon passed and we all went home.

•••

jaemin was in my room, laying on my bed while continuously throwing one of my plushies up in the air and catching it.

i was drawing on my study table. i still felt a bit awkward after that.

"uh jaemin, why, d-did you i-intertwine our hands e-earlier ago?" i ask. why am i stuttering?

"so that you wouldn't fall again, idiot," he replies.

"oh ok," i say.

"also, for your punishment, you have to do everything i say for a week," he says as he sits up.

"a week?!" i turn and exclaim in disbelief.

"it's just one tiny insult, i'm sorryyyy," i say acting cute.

"fine, 3 days, starting monday, i can't stand seeing you do aegyo," he says as i laugh.

suddenly, my drawing was snatched by jaemin. i jump to try and grab it back but he's too tall for me. i gave up as he analysed my drawing.

"isn't this yoojin?" he asks.

"yeah, you can keep it, give it to her on her birthday. she'll be really happy. remember, january 17" i reply.

"eo," he says and ruffles my hair. he walks back the bed and sits this time on the front edge of it. he looked at the drawing.

i fix my hair and walked towards the bed, sitting on it. i sneakily tickled his sides as he made an instant reaction. i laughed as tears started to come out, his reaction was priceless.

that was a small revenge for my punishment. all of a sudden, a pair of hands started tickling me this time.

"y-yah! s-stop it!" i try to say in between my laughs.

i tried to leave the bed as quickly as i could but so much was going on, we both fell to the side of the bed.

and. he was on top of me. his hands pinning me down.

we have a staring contest for a few seconds, catching our breaths.

i cough awkwardly as we both stand up. i cover my face, only revealing my eyes. there i go again, my cheeks heat up.

"so uh, i'm gonna leave now, bye seul," he says as he closes the door.

i jump onto my bed and squeal into my pillow. what's going on?

***

all 4 us family members were eating dinner.

"you know, jaemin and you would be a great couple," mum said out of nowhere.

i choked on my food and coughed multiple times. junyeong passed me a glass of water as i gulped it down.

i've lost my appetite. i excused myself and went upstairs to my room and laid flat on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

the door opened and junyeong came in.

"you know noona, i don't mind it... if you guys were together" he quietly said.

i sat up and widened my eyes.

"junyeong!" i exclaim, shocked.

why is this happening? it shouldn't be.

a/n: i'm really not bothered to edit it fully, sorry if there were grammar or spelling mistakes. i'm cringing at my own work.