Granted

"Goodmorning Princess! Todays the big day!" Angela said throwing all the blankets off of me. "Get up! Todays your wedding day!" She said excitedly. "We have to get your dress and get you ready and beautiful!" I opened my eyes and saw her standing right above me. I smiled to her and stretched in bed ready to face the day i planned a bit too quick. "Okay let me get ready,". I walked to the well to wash off when my thoughts began to focus again on the past events in my sleep. I hadnt seen Lucio since the day before yesterday, and i liked how i felt. My nightmares had completely vanished. Was it really him causing all the commotion? My eyes were fixated on the well again and i thought about Emilia over and over again. But who was Helen? "Goodmorning Olive!" I heard Linsay from across the patio coming towards me. "Goodmorning Prima!" I shouted back. She gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead. "Arent you just so excited?!?" She said with a huge smile on. "Yeah i am," She looked at me up and down and smiled. "You havent even made the call right?" "What call?" I asked. "To your mom and dad," i looked at her and then to the sky. How could i have forgotten i had parents. Of course, this torment of problems was distracting me from everything else around me. "Ill do it soon,".
I got dressed quickly and hopped onto the flatbed of our yellow toyota. Angela drove through the town as usual passing the mini store, the church in the lines, and more land and houses. We were about five seconds away from passing the cemetery and i looked away to the other side no matter how much my curiousity begged me to take a look. But i fought the urge. When we finally passed it, i looked at the trucks middle mirror and found the blonde waving goodbye to me as we headed into the village. I was able to see the bruises on her arm and the same one she had on her face. "Dont mind her, thats Helen the towns crazy lady," i stayed quiet at Judith laughed. "Helen?" I asked. "Yeah, shes been in and out of that cemetery since the past year, i heard shes pretty hexed," I listened to Judith talk watching Helen wave away as she smiled at me. "She was a prostitute too, its a crazy world out there". I nodded in response to Judith without a word. Now i know who she is but what does she have to do with me?
When we reached the town, i got off quickly in search of a white dress in a near by boutique. I tried a couple on but i didnt like any, they all didnt feel right. "Come on Olive, just pick a dress already," Linsay said crossing her arms. "All of them look beautiful on you, just pick one!" Angela chimed in but i wasnt convinced at all. There was too many dresses but they all had a little too much going on. "Besides Harold gave you enough money to buy you the entire boutique. "Do you guys like anything?" I asked. "They all look great just pick one woman!" Judith said. I looked at all of them and smiled. "Why dont yall pick something out for you?" They all looked at each other and then to me. "Really? Are you sure?" Linsay said. "Yes after all, Harold did give me enough to buy the entire boutique." I said smiling to them. They said no more and began searching for their dress excitedly and i kept looking for mine. "Ill take this one," i said picking up a simple white dress. "This one? But youre about to be the future Mrs. Keen," The owner of the boutique was a small dark skinned lady with long straight black hair to her waist. "Mayor Harold said you needed to look exquisite and distinguished from all other brides." I nodded in agreement and asked for her to help me. She looked around different racks showing me many different white dresses. About twenty minutes later through searching and trying, putting on and removing, i found the one. She had sleeves of silk that fell completely off the shoulders ending right above the elbows. The part over my breasts was designed in a heart that cut off delicately under the waist part and continued into a veil skirt where only the front was veil and the back was silk almost as if a fairy godmother created it. "Its perfect!" Linsay said from behind. I stood before the mirror and i couldnt believe how perfect the dress fit me. My cousins were all hypnotized by me and smiled like fools from behind as they watched through the mirror. "Ill take it,". The store owner wrapped everything up for us and sent us on our way.
"Im so excited for you Olivia! I cant wait til i get married!" Judith said as we unpacked in our room. They all chattered with joy except for Darin who stood there with her arms crossed. "Wheres my dress?" She asked. Everyone in the room grew quiet and listened to her. "Darin you didnt want to come with us, we wouldnt know what you liked," She began walking towards me and looked at me up and down. "I was just kidding, lets get you ready," she smiled and began helping me get dressed. She helped me put on my dress, then did my makeup, my hair and then pulled out a box from her cabinet. "Look, this was grandmas when she got married to grandpapa," She opened the little wooden box and  revealed little pearls placed together like a chandeliar creating its delicate diamond shape and a pearl necklace that hung around me neck. I turned from the mirror to them and shocked them all. My cousins began getting teary and clapping. I laughed at their sillyness and twirled around in my beautiful wedding dress to them. They all cheered and laughed with me followed by their hugs,kisses and blessings. "You look like a queen Olivia, Queen Olivia!" Linsay said through giggles. "That Mayor does not know who hes marrying," Angela chimed. I looked at the mirror one more time and at myself. "No he does not," i responded with a big grin.