Chapter 3

AN: This chapter is M-rated for Sexual Content. Please read at your own discretion.

Back in Pelican Town, they're greeted at the front door by Robin, and the promising smell of pumpkin soup. They collect their bowls from the kitchen, and then retreat downstairs to snuggle up on Sebastian's bed, in front of an episode of his favourite show.

"You said this wasn't going to be said," Sam complains once the episode's over.

"They lived happily ever after!" Sebastian protests.

"In the afterlife, Seb! That's sad!"

Sebastian sighs. "Well, there's a choose-your-own-adventure one in the new season, but the best ending is pretty sad-"

"No way," Sam interrupts, "I don't wanna watch anything depressing, and I bet that one won't even have any gay girls falling in love in it." He sighs. "Sorry, I shouldn't complain."

"You don't have to like everything I like," Sebastian says with a shrug. He climbs off the bed, and gathers their empty bowls. "I'm going to run these upstairs, before my mom comes looking for them and interrupts us. Do you need anything?"

Sam shakes his head, and Sebastian heads for the door. Settling back on Sebastian's bed, Sam pulls out his phone and opens their group chat with Abigail. He smiles to himself as he pulls up his photo gallery, and taps on the picture of him and Sebastian. It's heartwarming, seeing Sebastian smile in a picture for once, especially this picture – where Sam's arms are wrapped around him, and it's obvious that they're a couple.

He sends the picture to Abigail, who responds in a matter of seconds. "disgustingly cute," she texts back. "have u guys touched wieners yet?"

"how do you delete someone elses texts," Sam writes in response.

Abigail sends him a couple pictures of eggplants, so Sam decides to ignore her. Hopefully Sebastian isn't planning on checking his phone for the rest of the night.

The bedroom door opens, and Sam stuffs his own phone back into his pocket as Sebastian joins him on the bed again.

"Hey, how's your ear doing?" Sebastian asks.

"It's good," Sam replies. The pain's settled down into a sort of dull, throbbing sensation. "How about your nose? Are we, uh, still gonna be able to kiss? Or do we have to wait a month? Because that would suck."

Sebastian smirks. "I think it'll be okay. We're definitely not going to last a month, either way." He leans into Sam's side, and rests his hand on Sam's thigh. "I had a really good time today," he continues, tracing circles again Sam's leg with his thumb. Sam glances over at him, and his smirk's softened into a smile. "Probably the best birthday I've had in awhile."

Sam shifts so that he can wrap an arm around Sebastian's shoulders. "I'm so glad to hear that," he says. "I wanted our first date to be perfect."

"Your perfect first date includes getting your ear pierced?" Sebastian teases, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, not exactly," Sam admits, "But still... I wouldn't change anything about today. I mean, I was a little nervous, but I had you there, and you always make me feel comfortable."

"I feel the same when I'm with you," Sebastian murmurs.

The conversations settles into silence, and Sam thinks back to earlier that afternoon. He'd also been nervous when they'd started talking about taking things further, but Sebastian had been so understanding... Sam was so lucky to have him as his boyfriend. It's way too soon to tell Sebastian that he loves him, but Sam knows there's other ways he can get that message across.