Chapter Nineteen ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇsKLAUS

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
KLAUS

ARIA THREW SMALL ROCKS at the brick wall in the Salvatore's basement as she waited for Elijah to wake up. His eyes were open, but his blood was not running through his veins. He still had grey veins up and down in his arms, but he was not fully awake. "Why are you taking so long to wake up?" She mumbled, throwing a small rock onto his stomach which didn't do a thing. Growing, she stood up and hovered over him wanting him to wake up.

"Elijah, wake the hell up!" She yelled. When he finally woke up from his deep sleep, she bend down and placed a hand on his arm. "Katerina!" He yelled, gasping awake which made her jolt to the side.

"Elijah! It's me, Aria. I'm not Katherine." "Oh, my god." Elijah closed his eyes. Aria leaned forward to get a closer look. His body writhes, and he can't get up. She looked down confused. "I can't— I can't breathe. I can't breathe! What's happening to me?!"

He got up full speed and rushed to the door, but his body didn't push all the way through. "I can't... Aria, I can't be in this house." Aria looked down, realizing what this all meant. "You're not invited in," she finally said after a moment. "Aria, I can't be here."

He rushed to another wall and disappeared. Aria sprinted after him. Who knew the only time she would run is when she'd be chasing a thousand year old vampire. Elijah was outside, and Aria finally caught up to the vampire after what seemed like hours. "What happened?" Elijah looked right at her, waiting for an answer.

She pressed a finger against her lips and motioned that Stefan, Damon, and Elena could possibly hear him. Elena didn't need to know what was going on.

None of them did. This was her decision what she decided, not any of theirs. Not even Ric's. They can't stop her from doing what she wanted to do especially when it came to them. Her family. They needed to survive even if she didn't. "I'll tell you everything. Not here, not now. Can I trust you? Are you willing to trust me?" Elijah stood straight.

She handed him the dagger that was in her back pocket and placed it in Elijah's hand. "Let's go."

-

Aria drove her vehicle while Elijah sat beside her, drinking a blood bag which she stole from the Salvatore's. "You look better," Aria commented, as she put the car in place and parked it. His face was less pale, and his eyes were bold. "Where did you get the dagger?" Aria sighed, stepping out of the car. She walked to his door and opened it. "I'll tell you everything, but we have to work together Elijah. I need your word." Elijah stepped out of the vehicle, feet plastered on the dirt road. "Your ability to make demands have long passed."