Chapter 4

After breakfast, Felicity and Oliver suggest we stay with them that night.

Dig seems hesitant, wanting to give my parents alone time.

"Dig, it's fine," Felicity says. "We can take them shopping for clothes and things. I'm sure Ari doesn't want to stay in those same clothes."

I nod. "Tommy's starting to stink."

"Not cool!" Tommy buts in.

"It's true." I shrug. "What's so bad about the truth?"

I turn and take in what the house looks like. The far wall, the one by William's room, is tile with a wooden sliding door off-center to the right. The other three walls are a beige, complementing the black and tan furniture in the family room. There's a pole separating the kitchen and dining area. The pole's white. The counter-tops are grey marble. There's an island in the middle of the kitchen, the same counter-top, with white cabinets. There are two sinks, one on the island and another next to the refrigerator. 

"Alright," Dig gives in. "Call if you need us."

"Of course." Oliver nods, giving a slow, small smile.

Felicity closes the door behind their friends.

"I'll take Tommy," Oliver muses.

"I guess I'll take Ari," Felicity agrees. "Do you have any store preferences."

I shake my head. "Anywhere's fine with me."

Felicity gives a curt nod. "Okay then. See you two later."

She gives Oliver a kiss on the cheek and Tommy a nod before grabbing her purse and phone, walking out the door.

"Bye, little bro." I punch Tommy in the shoulder. "Bye Oliver."

I turn and see Felicity leaning against the wall right outside.

"Real quick," I tell her as we start walking to the bus stop nearby. "I know you're Overwatch, the person who sat behind the computer in the Arrow Cave for Oliver."

A look of surprise crosses her face, then confusion. 

"How did you know that?" 

"Mom taught me a ton of codes when I was little. Built my own computer when I was five."

"Wow, I was seven."

"Yeah, well, Tommy was nine. Our little sister, she hasn't gotten it yet, and she's ten. I guess I got the smarts of the family. Tommy and Moira are more like dad. Calm and collected. Tommy's even a playboy like dad used to be. Before he met mom, I guess. I'm babbling, dammit. Three...two..one."

Felicity smiles at me, sitting on the bench at the stop for the public bus.

"I babble, too."

"I know, I hacked into the comms you guys used when I was on slab side. My favorite was probably when you didn't know that Oliver was on the comms, and you imitated him, saying, 'The magnetic arrow gag will never work.' Then you came with a come-back, 'Yes, it will, my love, because I am really smart.' Yeah, that one was the best."

"I remember that. Feels a lifetime ago, yet it also feels like yesterday," she sighs. "How did you remember that so well?"

"Tommy writes down every conversation and makes me sit and watch as he re-enacts them."

I'm still standing. I never sit down unless I am either really tired or it's a meal.

I smile, seeing the bus turn the corner and slowing to a stop.