~Prologue~

Keith's mind buzzed with fuzziness,his eyes shaking with terror and panic along with his body as he held his favorite person in his arms. He couldn't think,he couldn't move,not any part of his body seemed to be functioning,none of them seemed to work. Lance continues to bleed,the pain unbearable as he struggles to contain showing any features of being hurt,just to comfort Keith but to his dismay. The blue boy wipes a tear that rolls down Keith's cheek,it went unnoticed by the former red Paladin until now as his eyes snap back to reality and back to Lance's blue eyes- eyes shining brightly like the blue star.

Feeling a pang of pain in his chest,his voice slips out into an endless count of apologies. His head hanging low as he lets his forehead touches Lance's.

"Hey," a soft voice cuts through Keith's never-ending apologies of guilt and regret and sadness,only feeding on to his negativity as it grows strong.

"Don't apologize,its not your fault,"Lance whispers as he struggles to touch Keith's cheek. Keith takes his hand and lets it touch his face, keeping it there and seeking comfort in the warmth that will soon disappear. He pushes away the thought, Lance was going to be okay. More tears threaten to fall, Keith never knew he was willing to believe in lies to help himself.

"I'm sorry,I should have been there for you like how you got me," Keith sucks on his breath,hand clutching in to Lance's. He remembers that time when they discovered that Zarkon was planning on making his own lion,a fight had been unexpected but Lance had got his back.

Lance smiles fondly to the memory,he really did have Keith's back,didn't he? It was nice to know he was good for something. Lance looks around the white vast,it was finally over,they had done it. There were no more evil aliens that plan to take over the universe,no more people of any planet getting hurt. The war was finally over.

"Keith," Lance said,softly.
"Yeah?" Keith responses "we made a great team," Keith nods,a humorless laugh escaping his lips "we really should stop bonding like this," he probably looks like an insane person that just came from an asylum, laughing and crying at the same time. It was odd for him,to say.

Lance laughs,airily before coughing up badly. He slaps a hand to his mouth as Keith panics a lot more. Lance feels something damp on his hand as blood trickles down his palm. Keith stares in horror as lance gives a nervous off laugh,trying to hide the fact that he too had become very scared.

"Please...don't...no,no,no,no. Please don't..." tears begun to cascade down Keith's cheek, he was begging,praying to whatever make-belief gods he could think of. Lance shushed him,giving a genuine smile "everything will be alright. Believe me,Keith," he didn't.

"I love you," Keith croaks.
"I love..." as if time stopped for Keith,his heart froze in place. The hand he seeks comfort in became the call of reality as it goes limp.

And just like a leaf on autumn,it falls from the tree and blows away with the wind.