Why Should I Care?

"Why?" Rogue said kneeling on the ground, hands shaking as they advanced towards his dead pal's body.

"Because I felt like it." I advance towards him. Slowly. Stepping hard on the ground with each foot as I moved closer to him. "Because I didn't care." His hands are still shaking and they haven't moved an inch since he's been kneeling. Pathetic moron.

"Stay away from him! You...Minerva... I don't know why you're doing this but you're not the same. I... we as a guild can not accept for what you're doing to go on. I'm sorry... don't make it more painful than it already is." Yukino says standing three meters away from her shaken up friend on the ground, pointing one of her celestial keys in my direction. The tears are strolling down her face.

" We've lost so many...so many important friends...we've been through so much...how could you..."

"Yukino..."

"How could you just do something like that!" She lifts her head revealing the pool of tears that were her eyes, sobbing uncontrollably while repeating her question to me.

"...Yukino...I..."

_______

"How do you plan on establishing peace? The peace in the guild has already been established, I made sure of that. Anything you may do now will only destroy what I've already created."

"No. Everything you did was to establish peace, yet time and time again there was always someone to destroy it. There was always a different obstacle you had to face before you could attain the peace you sought for."

"Huh? I have no idea what you're—"

"I admire you. Your work, and everything you've done to reach this level. I really do."

"...What are you talking about?"

"You... you've been through so much. Encountered so many people, some your enemies, others your friends, but you never lost sight of what was most important to you."

"You're not making any sense, you know?"

"Yes, that's ok. I didn't expect you to get it without having thinking about what I'm saying first."

Sigh.

"But still, I will tell you. Because, I must."

Looks into the distance in silence.

"You will no longer be alone. I can't let you suffer here by yourself, knowing that the reason you're here is because your peace was in danger. You did what you had to do, and now I must do my part. The way things are done may not please you, but once you see the bigger picture it will no longer matter how things are done, just simply that they are done. That they were done for you."

"You're really not making any sense. Has your brain already started to decompose?" Laughs.

"Maybe, I wouldn't know."

"Right."

"But I'm thankful. If my brain had to start decomposing for me to see clearly then I can only be thankful for that. I'll have something to blame my irrationality on."

"And your horrible sense of fashion and style." Smiles.

"Back to your question. I'll need you to take good care of them for me. Can you do that?"

"Huh? Why who is 'them'?"

"My methods may be harsh but they're necessary for peace."