Where am I?

" Rise and shine princess." A loud voice grunted.

Scarlett's eyes shot open. Finally, having the ability to see she glared at the hefty looming over her. She was ready to pounce, but only before she realized that she was restrained to a chair with vervain tied around her wrists.

"Let me go!" Scarlett demanded.

"And if I don't?" The man snarled, stomping over to Scarlett with an intimidating stare.

Scarlett looked up and spit on his face.

"How about we all calm down here," A voice that Scarlett recognized as Chief Clyde's ordered from behind Scarlett as the man was about to raise his hand on her.

Chief Clyde strided over to the other side of the room and sat down, slinging his leg over the other and giving Scarlett a warm smile.

"How did you sleep last night?" Chief Clyde asked, his eyes shifting over to the pile of hay.

" I just knew we couldn't trust you!" Scarlett shouted, angry tears burning her eyes.

"Well doesn't that suck?" Chief Clyde snickered, resting his head on his hands. " We have a guest, I think you'll be very pleased."

Chief Clyde made a gesture towards the door and two men came in, throwing a body with a sack over their head on the floor.

"Mickey. Take the sack off." Chief Clyde commanded.

The hefty man walked over and aggressively lifted the person up on their knees and snatched the sack off.

The tears Scarlett had been trying to hold in the past few minutes began to boil over.

"Beatrice?" Scarlett gasped, it had only been 24 hours and her best friend's face was unrecognizable.

Beatrice looked up and immediately began to sob through the duct tape tied around her mouth.

Scarlett shook her head, observing the many bruises Beatrice had acquire, the black eye, the busted lip, and the gigantic knot on her forehead.

"This is awkward..." Chief Clyde commented from the corner.

"What the hell did you do to her you monster!" Scarlett fumed, tears streaking down her face.

"That's the least of your worries," Chief Clyde cackled. " You have...maybe 3 options here? Number one, we return your friend to the Victorian Isles and take you instead. Number two, we just kill you both."

"The third?" Scarlett asked.

Chief Clyde pursed his lips, " Hm." He took a minute to contemplate, "Now that I've given it some thought. Never mind, those are the two." He beamed and tapped his chair, " Well?"

Scarlett ignored him.

"I'll give you 3 seconds. 1...2...3"

"Why are you doing this?" Scarlett shouted.

Chief Clyde rolled his eyes, nodding to Mickey.

Before Scarlett could process what was happening, Mickey pulled open the curtains in the dungeon and her skin began to crackle. She shrieked, looked down at her hand and of course, her daylight ring was gone.

"What are you doing?!"

Chief Clyde ordered for the curtains to be shut.

"Danny! I thought you stepped out?" Chief Clyde chuckled.

"You said there'd be no torture." Daniel yelled, walking into the room, his eyes glancing from Scarlett to Beatrice, who could barely kneel because of the vervain rope tied around her lower body area.

" I happened to change my mind, she has quite the mouth on her."

"You promi-"

"Daniel! Calm down. I think that if Princess Scarlett is as smart as her friend says she is she knows what choice to pick." Chief Clyde said, cutting Daniel off and looking over at Scarlett.

"Give her until tomorrow." Daniel urged.

"Are you insane? I already smell them coming. She's choosing today."

"Please." Daniel pleaded, " Until tomorrow and if she hasn't decided by then do whatever you want with her."

Scarlett looked up at Daniel who peaked at her and gave her a subtle wink.

Chief Clyde stared at his son and shook his head. " Fine." He agreed, sucking his teeth, "Take Brittany out of here, put her back in her cage," he said rising out of his seat.

"It's Beatrice." Beatrice mumbled through the duct tape as Mickey shoved her out of the dungeon.

Chief Clyde walked over, " Don't try anything stupid." He warned, pointing to the two men by the dungeons door. Then cautiously untying the rope from Scarlett's wrists.

Scarlett weakly stood up, " Do you have any food?"

"Blood bags? Does it look like that'd be the type of shit we keep on us?" Chief Clyde snapped.

"Um, well considering the fact that you decided to keep a vampire I would've hoped so." Scarlett replied.

"Oh!" Chief Clyde blinked, "So she wants to be smart?" He snapped, about to attack her but Daniel pulled him back.

"Stop. Let's go." He said, patting his fathers back.

"Tell your little crush to stop testing my patience." Chief Clyde muttered as they walked out with Daniel stealing one last glance at Scarlett.