Chapter Five

Honestly, I don't believe I ever stared at a door this hard in my life before. The feeling of wanting to go in and share the encounter I had, but then realizing how embarrassing it is at the same time made me want to pull my hair out. How could I have been so stupid to let myself be taken advantage of especially by a dirty man that didn't even buy me dinner first; my mind lingered on what Leon had said to me in the elevator, "it could end up being a lot worse then this." His voice echoed in my mind, truly I just scraped by with a hickey but next time I might end up shoved into a broom closet doing god knows what next time with that filthy blob of a man, taking a deep breath I waltz into the office. Only to find it empty, sighing loudly I plopped down onto the leather chair taking a breather; the ceiling had many swirls and patterns in it causing me to form pictures within it. I recalled doing this as a child casually staring up, not having a worry in the world, closing my eyes for a brief moment. I didn't think I would fall asleep so quickly; it was so inviting as my eyes fluttered shut.

I felt a warm hand upon my head stroking the hair out of my face. My eyes fluttered open only to see Mr. Arrington standing behind me, jumping up out of the chair I almost landed on the coffee table. Instead I landed on the floor beside it, "Mr. Arrington I'm so sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep I didn't even realize," he raised his hand as he came around the chair taking a seat, "Leon told me you needed a word with me, but I didn't think I would find you here at this hour." He held out his phone showing it to be five o'clock, picking myself off the floor, I dragged my hand over my face.
"I can't believe I fell asleep, especially here of all places." As I went to walk past Mr.Arrington he grabbed my hand, pulling me in front of him he asked, "what's wrong with your neck?" Quickly covering it I shook my head, "oh this? It's nothing, honestly I believed I burned it this morning while straightening my hair." I smiled while trying to scoot around him but he wasn't budging, he stood before me, grabbing my wrist he pulled it away revealing the mark that resided there; his fingers lightly traced over it.

"Who did this to you?" His brow furrowed as he stared at it. My hand slithered out of his hold and covered the purple hue once more, "I'm okay really, I don't think much can be done about it anyways." Sauntering across the room I grabbed my purse, taking a bandaid out. I go to cover it only to be stopped, "you need to tell me Ms. Lancaster, I can't have someone walking around that could potentially harm other workers. Especially since they believed they could mess with my assistant and not get any repercussions," leaning against my desk I took a breath, "it was Marco from maintenance, he said he wanted to see how much you liked me. Since that janitor saw you tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I guess word traveled," I said, keeping my gaze down.
His ember eyes grew dark as his fist balled by his side. He drew uneven breaths, "I guess he finally decided to test the waters it seems," bracing myself against the desk I tried to straighten my skirt more, "seriously Mr. Arrington I'm quite alright, it was nothing I couldn't handle. Besides jokes on him right? Thinking that you and I had any romantic affiliations going on," with ease he trapped me underneath him, staring fiercely he tipped my chin upwards, "you shouldn't have been placed in the middle of a petty situation to begin with." He spoke softly, so softly it was barely above a whisper, nervously my gaze shifted as I gripped the border of the desk. My mind drifted elsewhere as I began to wonder what kind of game those two have got to sort out with each other.

Mr. Arrington must've noticed my spaced out expression and proceeded a step back. Readjusting his tie he spoke, "just be more careful, if you get a weird feeling while being with someone just message me alright? Don't just put up with it thinking you'll bother me or something Ms. Lancaster." His fingers were messily dragged through his black curls upon his head before releasing them causing them to coil back, almost bouncing in the process, "yes sir," I replied as I gathered my belongings from behind me.

Understandably I can see why he's so distraught about it, but now I feel as though he won't let me go. The accident was a few days ago, however Mr. Arrington won't let me out of his sight and even if I am he checks in with me every five minutes, which in most professions would be deemed as unprofessional. Some people might even see it as sweet, but for me however I see it as problematic, I feel as though I can never be alone again, even while I'm home I always get a late night check in from him, which still seems pretty weird. Propping my head up I sighed rather loudly, catching the attention of my employer across the room, "something troubling you?" His smooth voice lingered in the air before it graced my ears.

"Oh nothing Mr. Arrington, I guess I should've gotten more sleep last night is all." Liar, this is why you're such a pushover Megan because you never speak your mind about things, especially if it's bothering you. A light tapping could be heard across the way, his low chuckle filled the room, "do you know the other reason why I wanted you to work for me Ms. Lancaster," he grabbed a file from his cabinet, as he placed it on his desk he started to approach me. Shaking my head he braces himself against it as he leaned forward, "it's because you're a terrible liar."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another chapter rewrote for you guys I hope you like it better! Give me your honest feedback in the comments

Thank you for you're support!