51 | epilogue.

[ ― PARK CHAEYOUNG ]

JUST LIKE THE old times, my friends and I gathered to celebrate Christmas as a whole.

"Do you like your gift?" Jennie asked Taeyong. He looked at his present and then at Jennie. Taeyong suddenly frowns kaya natawa ang lahat including the kids.

"This is not the gift I was expecting." Taeyong whined.

Taejoon suddenly snatched the gift out of his father's hand, "Mom, hiwalayan niyo na po si Dad. Ang choosy." he said which made us laugh even more. This kid is a savage just like his mom.

I looked at Jihyeon who was busily eating some cookies, "How about you, sweetie? Did you like my present?" I asked her and she gazed at me adoringly. Jihyeon enthusiastically nods her head, "I loved it!"

Jaehyun who is seated beside me suddenly butts in, "Remember, Christmas is not about the presents you receive, but the people you spend it with."

Napatingin naman ako sa kaniya, "I thought you hated Christmas?"

Jaehyun then flashed his adorable dimple smile at me, making my heart combust, "Not until you and Jihyeon came into my life."

After our small yet special Christmas dinner, we let the children go to sleep early. While the others were busy chatting downstairs, napag-isipan ko na umakyat dito sa rooftop nila Taeyong. Everything is still the same. From the interior, yung christmas decorations―everything. Looks like I'm going through nostalgia.

"Reminiscing memories?"

I swung around to find Jaehyun standing behind me. He went closer to my spot and then he intertwined his hand with mine as he got to my side.

"Yes, I think." sagot ko.

"Is it the kiss?" Jaehyun suddenly asked which made me stop in my tracks while we were walking.

"H-How am I going to remember that? I was drunk that time."

Bigla naman ngumisi si jaehyun, "But I wasn't. You were very aggressive that time, love." pang-aasar niya so I gave him a smack on the shoulder.

We continued walking hand in hand as we admired the place. In curiousity, I asked Jaehyun, "What if that kiss never happened?"

"Then I guess we wouldn't have known each other. Both of us are still suffering and living in a world full of lies." he answered.

Jaehyun sighs deeply but his face lights up with a bright smile as he looked at me. "But thankfully that kiss happened. We both saved each other's lives because of that." he said, gazing up. I did the same and there I saw a mistletoe above us.

"It's the same mistletoe." Jaehyun mumbled.

Suddenly, Jaehyun pulls me closer to him. I gazed at him with utter admiration. Him and Jihyeon are the love of my life and I couldn't imagine spending such an amazing season with any other people. Nobody compared to them.

Jaehyun softly brushed his lips on mine as he whispered, "Merry Christmas, Roseanne."

"Merry Christmas, Jaehyun."

And everything started with a kiss under the mistletoe.

fin.