Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Him.

This book is a work of fiction. If anything real is used as a reference all rights go to its owner. Any ideas that may seem to be non-fiction, it is just of the author’s own imagination.

Even though so much time has passed by, my feelings for you shall never fade.

The End

          I closed the book and put it back on my night stand. I turned over to look at the clock that read 11 p.m. and decided to call it a night. Tomorrow was the first day of school in a new town, a new city and a new country. I couldn’t wait! Note the sarcasm.

I mean how could I be excited to live in a whole new place when my parents had decided to split up?  After a messy divorce, my mother got custody of me and decided to leave my disappointment of a father and haul us across the globe to my grandparents place. But I decided not to indulge into those thoughts knowing that it would lead to something darker. Pushing away old memories, I drifted off to sleep.

***

“Don’t forget to smile okay?” says my mother brushing my hair out of my face. “I want you to be happy.”

In the past six months, I had forgotten to be happy. The only thing that could make me smile was well, the thought of going away. Forever.

Giving my mom a smile I headed out the door and got into my Mercedes Benz that my mother had given me to apologize for “Making hasty decisions, making me leave everything I knew and shutting off every single emotional bone in her body.”

I rushed into the school which was way too preppy and posh to be a public school and made my way into the morning announcements. I didn’t bother trying to socialize and kept my head down the whole time.

“Hi! I’m Casey”. An enthusiastic voice spoke. I gave her a smile and introduced myself. “I’m Savannah.” We didn’t get a chance to speak much since the principal had begun her welcoming speech.

After a boring assembly, a teacher led me to my class. I walked in and 30 pairs of eyes stared at me. I immediately looked down but something or someone caught my eye. It was a boy. He had jet black hair with that swept upwards and a mischievous glint in his eyes. He held eye contact but I quickly looked away when I felt an acceleration in my heart beat.

The day was uneventful and I didn’t make a single friend. Maybe I could’ve, if I had tried. So that was it, my first day done. Hopefully I could get by the whole school year as peaceful as that.

 ***

“How infuriating can you be?” I shrieked as I stared at him after he had managed to pour a whole bottle of water down my head. It had been 5 months since I had moved here and I had already managed to make an enemy. Exhaling in aggravation I grabbed a bottle of powder and dumped it on his face. A look of shock could be seen clearly but he quickly gained his composure. Looking pissed, he grabbed my arm but I quickly ran away.

This boy, was just frustrating. I don’t know how it happened but it did. We had managed to make an enemy of one another and didn’t go a day without wanting to strangle each other. My friends would try to reason with us but no, none of us would budge.

Our hatred for one another was so deep that we had even gotten in trouble with the teachers multiple times. The two of us would fight about the stupidest of things that led to a physical banter. 

“You know, there’s a thin line between love and hate.” A friend said after I had poured out my aggravation for him. I scowled at her and shook her head. “In this case, hate and love are two foreign things that cannot and will not be mixed together.”

But we managed to stop trying to kill each other. Two months passed and not once did we try to beat up one another or even brew up a conversation. I was glad to have ended that but a part of felt empty and as much as I hated admitting it, I missed him. I missed our daily banter and screaming matches but I knew our separation was for the best.

But one day something overcame me and I messaged him on facebook as I saw that he was online. A simple “hey” changed everything.

A/N:

What did you guys think? And personally I think short stories are much easier to write. Don’t forget to vote and comment!