Chapter 2

It started with a simple word and blossomed into something more. We talked for hours that day. Just texting each other about god knows what. I was grinning at my computer screen until he said that he had to go. Disappointment washed over me but I gave him my number and told him that if he wanted, he could call.

He did. But just so I could also save his number.  Our encounters at school were pretty nonexistent, but our fights had ceased. My friends bugged me about what had happened but I knew that I couldn’t just tell them everything. Especially when one of my best friends was in love with him. But it didn’t matter at the time.

We talked for hours about our favorite colors, foods and our dreams. Talking to him was so easy that I could do it without any awkward silences. We became closer and my feeling for him grew. Hearing his voice after a tough day would brighten my mood and bring a smile to my face. He slowly began breaking down my walls and I opened up to him.

It was so innocent and so blissful.

December 6 2012. Five words that changed our friendship into something bigger and better. Those few words managed to change me and my view of life and love. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He spoke as he held his breath for my answer. A grin broke across my face as I said yes. It was the happiest day of my life. I remember smiling as I fell asleep.

We became inseparable after that. We unraveled each other through such innocent gestures and words. Stealing glances during class and holding hands under the table. We kept it low since we didn’t want other people to find out. It was a surreptitious relationship and it was blissful. And that first hug we shared, us undefinable.

I was enveloped in his warmth and my senses were filled with his incredible scent. It was addicting and I loved it. Everything about him was amazing. His dark brown eyes spoke a thousand words. Mischief glinted upon them but if you looked closely it was filled with warmth and love. The way he looked at me was like the way Jack looked at Rose and as Noah looked at Ally.

It took my breath away.

On a Wednesday, it happened. One of the most important things in a girl’s life. Besides her wedding day of course.

A look that I couldn’t actually decipher flashed across his face. His eyes glanced down at my lips and I knew what was going to happen. He slowly leaned in and our eyes fluttered shut. Soft but slightly chapped lips brushed against mine. He leaned in again and my heart soared. Our arms tangled around each other as we tasted each others lips. His scent floated around me and I smiled. The kiss was so sweet yet so enduring. It had me craving for more.

I had had my first kiss. And I was glad that it was with a person that I loved.

***

Tears. Screams. Vivid memories rushed upon me as I cried. I was having one of those panic attacks that suffocated me and sent my heart ina frenzy. I couldn’t control my thoughts and I thought about ending it all tonight. My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. His name flashed across my phone and I quickly regained my breathing as I pressed ‘answer.’

The moment he heard my voice he knew that something was wrong. And I knew that I couldn’t keep it from him forever. So I told him. Everything. From my frustrations, to my fears and nightmares. He listened to everything single word and not once did he complain. That night, my feelings for him grew. I realized that even though there wasn’t much to live for, he was my saving grace. I knew that he was the one. He was the one for me.

“I love you.” Three words that filled my heart with happiness. Three words that confirmed his feelings for me and that he felt the way I felt. I didn’t care about the world or about anything else. He became the most important thing in my life.

A/N:

VOTE AND COMMENT! <3