Resolution Part 2: Love on Enemy Lines/Home

Last night was the most restful yet restless night Diamond ever had. When the pieces inside hir fell in place, there was no sense of soreness as a gem would experience when being reattached nor did ze feel rueful about the change. It was just the opposite. Ze felt fortified and hir body felt lighter even though hir hardness and toughness stayed the same. In exchange for the clear-headedness,  ze began pillaring plans of action throughout the rest of the night. 

By the time ze woke up, it was already the afternoon and ze had immediately taken off towards the shop. Upon arrival, ze swung open the door with enough vigor to cause the cashier to look up. 

"...Welcome."

Their eyes met and Dia realized how chaotic ze must seem. Ze put a hand behind hir tilted head and smiled. "Hello."

"Did it work well-"

"I'm here to return this!"

"-... I guess it didn't turn out well?" The Lunarian received the package thrust at her and put it aside. 

"No, it's not that. I just don't need it anymore," Dia denied in a cheery tone. 

The Lunarian looked at hir with a surprised and amused expression. "Right... well, whatever suits you."

"It got a little wonky towards the end but it really helped me out. I just want to make sure to thank you." Dia assured. Ze touched the eyelash that was reattached with the help of the hotel receptionists then leaned forward with a smile. "So, thank you." 

The Lunarian waved hir off. "I'll keep it here and continue working on it. If you ever want to try it again, come back any time." 

Dia extended hir arm and opened hir palm. The cashier raised an eyebrow. 

"This is what you do, right? Let's shake hands, 'cause we met each other." Dia offered. The Lunarian succumbed to hir enthusiasm.

"Alright, alright. If you're not buying anything then get out of the shop, gem."

Dia stepped out without wasting another second. The plan ze came up with hinged on convincing Phosphophyllite to let hir join the next expedition, which was going to take place tonight. 

Phos looked confounded after Dia asked the multi-structured gem to take hir along. The two of them stood in Phos's room.

"...What's with the sudden change, Dia? You never seemed interested in going when I was discussing it. Besides..." 

Dia could already see the look of hesitation on Phos' face. Ze was used to discerning the smallest changes in expression thanks to a certain other diamond. In addition, one trait of Phos that hadn't changed was that ze was easy to read, so Dia felt confident in persuading the young gem. 

"... I'd already decided to go alone. I don't want another mishap like last time."

"But you know that regardless, they'll break you in half first before getting to any sort of talk. That's just how they do things," Dia said.

"Last time was the first time, we had weapons and we started off on the wrong foot. If I go alone, those mistakes won't be repeated," Phos explained. "They'll be less hostile the second time around-"

"You don't know that. And Bort's gonna aim for you without a doubt. He's not as forgiving as the others. If you rely on the Lunarians to back you up, the other gems will just trust you less!" Dia stepped closer to Phos until they were only a couple feet apart. Ze insisted, "I can lure Bort and the more hostile gems away, then you can talk to Adamant without worry."