Resolution Part 1: Homesick/Memories

It had  been some time since Diamond ascended to the moon following Phosphophyllite's guide. Yellow Diamond, Benitoite, Amethyst 84, Alexandrite and  Phos all ascended with a solid purpose. Wanting to speak with old comrades, quenching the thirst of curiosity and self actualization, on behalf of a cherished twin, witnessing the truth and looking for gems' salvation. They were all noble, whereas Dia was here, trying to escape from someone. The homesickness seemed to hit hir the hardest as if to spite hir for hir cowardly actions. 

Dia ducked into the Lunarian's enclosed streets to hide hirself away from the vast darkness above that only served to exacerbate hir sense of loneliness.  Watching  television at the hotel day in and day out habituated hir to its glitz and glamour, which allowed hir mind to wander again. To remedy that, ze'd been combing the streets for the past few days, trying hard to distract hirself. 

After Phos' first visit back with Yellow Diamond and Padparadscha, the party of gems on land would now be aware that they were not stolen, but left of their own will. Realizing that stepping foot on land again may be on terms of an enemy pained hir. Ze missed having the sun shine directly on hir and looking up at the blue sky, treading grassy fields and looking past cliffs to see a vivacious ocean. It was pathetic of hir, especially since ze willingly abandoned all of that when ze decided ze needed to get away from hir ex-partner, Bort.  

Ze walked listlessly past the areas ze'd already visited, waving at the occasional Lunarian while heading further in. Taking turn after turn until there were less Lunarians to be seen, the streets grew narrower and shops smaller. Dia slowed to a stall and placed a finger on hir bottom lip worriedly. 

"Should I head back? It doesn't seem like there will be anything fun here..." Dia thought to hirself aloud. 

Ze was just about to turn back when, from the corner of hir eyes, glowing colours of blue, purple and yellow caught hir attention. It instantly reminded hir of the jellyfish from school. Ze turned towards that direction and found a small shop with glowing letters stuck to the door. Dia entered the shop spontaneously. 

"Welcome."

The cashier said without looking up at hir, engrossed in a portable screen. It was cramped inside, with only enough space between chest-level shelves for one individual to pass through. Ze took a look at the nearest object, a very smooth and fairly thin box. Dia looked around hir and saw variations of the same thing lining all the shelves. The sleek, angular structure stood out against the surrounding Lunar furniture that appeared glutinous. Ze held one in hir hand; it felt light but solid and was unlike a block of wood nor a piece of gem. Ze put it down. Looking more closely at the foreign objects, ze walked leisurely around the shop that took only twenty or so steps to cover. 

"If you're not going to buy anything please leave."

Dia started at the sudden call-out. "S-sorry. Uhm... what are these for?" The gem pointed vaguely around the shop. 

The cashier, a female as far as the gem could distinguish, finally took a good look at the customer. 

"... You're a gem," she remarked. The slight widening of her cream-coloured eyelids was the only movement that signified her interest. Resting her chin on her palm, she projected her voice monotonously but her attention was undoubtedly on Dia. "Oh, these are machines that can playback memories that you've selected." 

"Hoh..." Dia's eyebrows rose with keen interest. The gem must have seemed like ze was itching to try it because the cashier pulled up a smile at hir. 

"Would you like to try it? These are made for Lunarians but I think I can whip something up for you." 

Dia pulled her bottom back in and straightened up, hands clasped.