Chapter 5

Sub was typing on his computer. He was trying to understand the virus. How it spreads, affects its victims, and how the pill would end this evil massacre. He came to the conclusion that once the pill was dropped into the well, the virus would exit the reality and back to its own.

It was late, so you all stopped at the side of the road. Alex cuddled his pillow and leaned against the door. Denis laid his head on the wheel and closed his eyes. Sub continued to clack away on his computer in the passenger seat. Corl laid fully on his back, and you played with his chest. You sighed as you watched Sub's bright screen.

"You planning to turn that off?" You startled Sub.

"(Y/N), I thought you were asleep." Sub looked at you. You both stare at each other for a good while. You never noticed how his eyes were a soft, dark chocolate.

"We'll get our Skoop back." He breaks the trance.

"I know we will." You smile, "Hey, Sub..."

"What's up, (Y/N)?"

"About the realities you saw... can you tell me about them?"

Sub tilted his head against his seat and sighed, "that depends on which one you want to hear about."

"You pick."

"Well, I'll tell you about three.

The first one is a advance world. Humankind has traveled to Jupiter, and circled around Nebulas. But it has its flaws. Pollution has increased by 25% faster than our Earth, population has drastically accelerated in countries, and the TV community is terrible.

But I'm assuming that you want to hear about us, The Pals. We all are apart of a NASA. Sketch and I date, and you and Corl are the same. Denis found a nice girl, and Alex found a great guy. You and Corl had a child- a beautiful baby if I say so myself- who died an early age of six because of the carbon dioxide produced. This reality I call The Ghost.

The second one I gave it the name of Venom- I'll explain why. This is the reality that the virus was born into. You haven't seen how the virus travels from being to being. But they move like symbiotes from the movie Venom. Instead of achieving symbiosis, the virus would control the victim. It would would take 100 total percent of the mind and body and use it to spread. Even some who were infected 85% were lucky enough to live. You, (Y/N), were infected and died. Though you were lost to us, in Venom, I made my goal to study the virus.

The third, the happiest one. It's the perfect reality. We achieved world peace, found a cure for cancer, and made humans morally perfect.

You and me we- we were together. We had two girls, Amador and Lucy. They were beautiful, (Y/N). Amador had your eyes and my smile. Lucy had my hair and your nose. Sketch and Alex were in love. Corl was famous. He was adored by all. Married to a rich woman. Denis helped us raise Amador and Lucy. It was perfect. Too perfect. It felt-"

You finish. "Fake."

"Fake." Sub repeated.