Chapter XVI

-Y/N'S POV-

"Hey, Y/n, could we grab something from the snack bar? I'm hungry," Miso asked.
"Sure! The battle is about to start, so we'll have to hurry up. Let's go!" Miso and I made our way from the Fairy Tail booth to the lobby area of the colosseum where many carts and stands were set up. They were selling food, shirts, and tons of other stuff.
"Woah, isn't that Y/n from Fairy Tail?! I heard that she's even as strong as Sting from the number one guild!" I heard someone say to another person.
"Yeah! She took down a whole guild by herself when she was only 11! I read it in Sorcerer Weekly! She is really pretty and strong too!"
More people exclaimed and I felt more eyes on me. I held my head up and straightened my posture. Everyone is looking at me, and I can't let my guard down.
Miso flew ahead of me toward a stand selling cupcakes and other baked sweets.
"Y/n! Let's get some of this!" she exclaimed.
"Okay, okay. Are you seriously only going to have sweets?" I questioned. "Yup!" Miso replied.
"Fair enough. I'm in," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. Looking at the display case, I noticed a slice of strawberry cake.
"I'll take th-"
"I'll have that piece of strawberry cake," someone cut me off. Looking at the person, I noticed familiar blond hair and blue eyes. Sting.
"Sting?! That's my cake," I said, crossing my arms.
"Oh, really? Because I didn't seem to hear you order it," he smirked.
"Well yeah, I would have if you didn't cut me off! So, give. Me. My. Cake." I glared directly at him.
"Now why don't you make me?" He replied cockily.
"Well maybe I will," I replied with an aura of blue surrounding me. The cashier sweatdropped.
"Are they seriously about to fight over a piece of cake? I have more..." Sting and I continued our stare-down until a crowd began to form around us and Miso and Lector stepped between us.
"C'mon, Sting. Don't waste your time with her. Just get the cake and let's go," Lector whined.
"Y/n, I know you want the cake but we got to go," Miso said. Looking away from Sting and pouting, I replied,
"Fine."
"Um... Miss? You're from Fairy Tail, right?" The cashier asked me. Proudly showing of my guild mark on my b/p, I smiled.
"Yup!" I replied cheerily.
"Well... I have another piece of that strawberry cake you were looking at... it's fresh too..." he said, fidgeting with his thumbs.
"Really?!" I exclaimed with stars in my eyes. He nodded.
"I'll take the whole cake," I said, slamming a small pouch of jewel on the counter.
"Sure thing miss. I'm sure your guildmates will enjoy it as well," he smiled.
"Um... this is for me..." I replied.
"O-oh! The whole cake?!" He exclaimed, clearly shocked. I nodded. He handed me a box and I gave him the jewel.
Sting was still standing there.
"Wow! A whole cake. All to myself!" I smirked at him.
"Tch," he said looking away.
"Catch you later Sting!" I chirped and walked off with Miso, who started to fly away from me.