Seven

"Bex, what are you hiding? What did he say?" Red whines.

We are in my dull room, the only lighting coming from my green lamp. Red also brightens the room some how, this house obviously needed new people to bring a little life. Red provides enough life for the both of us. Always being so bubbly and smiley, over the last couple of weeks we have become increasingly close and inseparable. I honestly didn't think I'd make a friend nor did I really want to but I'm glad I did.

"That's the thing.. He didn't say anything." I hint. I don't want to tell her but she hasn't stopped bugging me since we were at the bus stop and because I was so giddy in the memory of that kiss I made up a stupid lie that was obvious to her.

At first Red looks confused but then a look of recognition flashes across her features.

"What did he do?" Her eyebrows raise questioningly.

"Well, we kissed." I shrug nonchalantly trying to mask the mass confusion and anxiety I was actually feeling.

Red is astounded, if this situation wasn't my situation I'd find it comical. I'm struck with a sudden panic, I can't just say it like that! I have to explain. But there's nothing to explain, how and why did he kiss me?

"Red, I'm so confused. This isn't like me, it really isn't. I'm not sure why he kissed me or why it was then or what we even are! But I feel all fidgetty, I want to see him to get some answers. Oh shit what about jane!? I'm beyond confused, I'm fucking clueless." I throw my face into my hands and moan, how did I get myself into this mess.

I feel red slowly prise my arms away from me, she seems to compose herself.

"Listen, you are the luckiest girl ever. This is Layton, girl. Layton Myers! Fuck jane!"

"I don't feel very lucky, I feel like this is a really bad, complicated thing yet something that makes me happy and excited. It feels like he's playing some sort of game. I thought I hated him." I admit.

"Some game?"

"I don't trust easily, I'm gonna doubt him till he gives me a reason not to."

"I'm confused, he didn't kiss you infront of his friends?" She frowns.

"No, he asked to speak to me and then pulled me behind the building so his friends couldn't see us, why?"

She's silent for a moment, obviously considering.

"Red, what?" She looks at me confused.

"That's not like Layton, whenever he's had a thing with a girl it's always in front of his friends. He has an act and reputation to keep up with after all, right? Him and his wolf pack are constantly all over each other's love interests, making fun of them in that boy way. I've never seen any one of those boys with a girl without the rest of them close by. At first I'd say yay you kissed a fucking hotty, well done but I wouldn't waste your time on him but honestly... I think he might have some real interest, Bond girl." She doesn't joke when she calls me her nickname, she's completely serious.

"I'm not sure." Too many thoughts and ideas, possible victimisation plans he and his friends of plotted are running through my head and it's too much, I can't grasp one and think rationally about it. I can only ask questions and all my questions are for him.

"What was the kiss like?" Red asks, I smile when recalling what had happened only a few hours ago.

"It wasn't a calm kiss." I breathily laugh.

"Passionate?" She wriggles her eyebrows making me chuckle.

"Possibly the only way to describe it."

"Man, I don't know how you're not gushing over all this, I'd be on the floor right now."

"I guess it's just cus I don't see him how you do, you've been at the school longer."

"No I don't think so ." She chuckles.

We have science tomorrow, maybe I could ask some questions then. How do I act with him? exactly the same? Act like it didn't happen? Or like it's our secret joke? I'm not sure but I am definitely not going to let him try and walk all over me if that's what he's doing.

In the shower the next morning my nerves for today have increased. I don't plan on talking to him on the bus but I have science second so I know I will get it over and done with, I just don't want to see him but I do so much at the same time. I haven't planned questions but I know they will come to me as soon as I start talking to him. I hate him even more for doing this to me, putting me in this mess without even a fucking explanation! But then this hate soon dissipates as I remember his soft expert lips against mine, his hands on my skin and the feel of his hair. I quickly try to get rid of these thoughts with a shake of my head and angrily turn my shower off. Getting ready seems harder somehow, picking clothes and doing my hair becomes more frustrating. It doesn't look right or feel good enough, this isn't fucking picture day.

My anger decreases a fractional amount when johnny offers to drive me to school, I quickly accept the offer because first, I won't have to worry about Layton's face making me go weak at the knees and second because he drives the most beautiful black Audi which will make me arriving at school a lot cooler to those who see me. I send Red a quick text saying I won't be getting the bus as I climb in the Audi, she replies with a sad smiley only making me chuckle.

"Get in!" Johnny shouts at me as I scramble for things to put into my bag.

"Sorry sorry sorryyyy!"

I finally close the door to the car speeds throwing my back into the seat. I love this car more than anything, i can't wait to get my licence and drive it. That is if Johnny allows me to but then again I am very good at persuading.