Chapter 1: My Life

I woke up to a loud bang.

" Motherfucker...Seriously..?" I mumbled

I got dressed and walked downstairs. I greeted mom and the others. Dad was probably at work. Figures...I sat next to mom with my head on the table. Izumo gave me an omelet to eat.

" Thanks, Izumo." I gave a smile.

" No problem princess." He gave me a wink.

" Mom, can I go out with my friend?" I asked

" Sure. Be home by 10:00." 

"Thanks, ma."

I finished my meal and headed upstairs. I got my hair maintained and put on a little makeup. I put on my heels, got my wallet, and got my bag. I then went downstairs.

" Alright, I'm going to leave. I got school." Right as I got near the door Izumo called me.

"If you're going out, here," He handed me $70 dollars.

" Thanks, Izumo." I gave him a wink.

I walked out of the bar and was met with my friend, Saru. Resi's son.

" Hey, bean. You have any jokes for me?" I asked.

" Do you want to hear a joke about construction?"

"I-" He cut me off.

"I'm still working on it!" He laughed his head off. I swear this dude should be a comedian.

We walked through the city linking our arms. If people didn't know us they would assume we were a couple. Today looked like a hopeful day. The city was buzzing. So many people were in a hurry. 

"I wonder what everyone is hurrying for," I said as we walked through the bridge. 

" Did you forget that it's the full moon festival tonight?" 

"Oh yeah! It completely slipped my mind"

We entered the school grounds and nobody as usual paid attention to us. That was normal considering we never talked to any besides each other. We went to my locker and found a tiny box taped to my locker. 

"The fuck?" I said.

" Oooooh, I want to see!" He yelled as he grabbed the box.

"Give it! Now." I said in a stern tone.

"Alright but Ima see what's inside no matter what." 

I looked inside and there inside the box was a note with pocky.

- Come to Scepter 4 after school. It won't be long. -Dad

" Why can't he text me like a normal person?" I sighed

" Well, at least it's not a love note." He said

We went on through 1st through the 5th period without any complications. It was now lunch and Saru and I wanted to go out to get boba. Since Saru and I didn't have other periods after we decided we would go get boba. 

We walked out of the school and down to the small cafe down the street. We walked in and ordered. We sat down and waited. I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I shivered which Saru took notice of.

" Rose, are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I just feel like someone is watching us." He looked around.

"Don't worry if someone is I'll beat them and save you!" I was about to say something but he cut me off.

" You're my best friend. I love you. If someone hurts you, I'll destroy their face!" Our orders were called.

"Let's go."

We got up and walked outside of the cafe. It started to rain. I've always wanted to just stand and get soaked. This is the time. I stopped walking and stood. It felt amazing. This was the first time I can do this and not get yelled at by mom or dad.  Saru mimicked my movements. There we stood; getting soaked in the rain. This was one of my moments I could have with myself.