CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Taehyung POV
2 years before present
"You're gonna do great things one day, Taehyung" Gaho promised me, obviously just to get me to stop crying.
Me and him were raised together in a poor foster home, other boys accompanied us. But growing up, the two of us always had a connection, even though we never exactly hung out and stayed to ourselves. This changed when we turned 18 and Gaho got his own apartment, and invited me to live with him. I didn't hesitate to say yes, and we've been living together for a year now.
One thing we always had in common was our love for dark adventures. Separately, we would often sneak out and cause trouble around town, always to return late at night, usually to be scolded by caretakers.
When we moved in, Gaho informed me that he had gotten into a local gang, and was certain that a man he met was leading him to riches. When I heard this, I soon wanted in myself, and we grew closer than ever. For a year we trained, but Gaho had been ahead of me from the frequent visit with alley boys.
And now I've cut my leg open. And I'm crying like a bitch. I expected him to sigh, to scold me. But instead he tended to my wounds, he tended to the discouraged me. Sometimes I consider even spending the rest of my days with him, to see him grow and explore himself and what he would become, but i know it's not truthfully what I want. I nearly worship him, I don't love him.
"Do you truly think so?" I ask, ready to continue our one on one training.
"If I didn't you wouldn't be my consigliere!"
He smiles, and I know I'm ready to continue my training.
We had 3 other members of our growing group, also training together in another part of town, we call them, and the theee, Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok tell us to go to dinner with them. He then gets a text from his husband, who we hadn't met for safety reasons. He tells me he suddenly has to leave and I bid goodbye to him and remind him to look out for himself. When I go upstairs, I accidentally fall asleep.
I wake. Jin. He's over me, pushing me awake. Yoongi and Hoseok sit still behind me, waiting for Jin to speak.
"V.." he softly says. "The time has come. I'm sorry to tell you Gaho has been k-killed. It's time for you to lead us."
And with an abrupt awakening, I bid farewell to my brother, my master.

"So you won't try to kill me anymore?" I ask.
"Nope. We're family. Through Jungkook, and through.. him." Vernon smiles.
I look over at Kook, who seems calm enough.
"How you takin it?" I whisper.
"Fine I guess. Most surprising is my mom. She told me my grandfather was in jail for fraud, but I guess not. But I have family near me now, and even if he just tried to kill you, it's comforting, you know?" He laughs awkwardly.
I'm not surprised at his reaction, he tends to absorb things through a lot of thought and never really has properly reacted to things anyways.
"So has Villain targeted me without me noticing?" Jungkook turns to Vernon.
"Yep, But when you moved he lost track of you, and sometimes sticks around me it see if I ever show up. That's the other reason we caused a scene at the bar when Hoseok was shot. Villain was in the building, and we had to get you out."
I get goosebumps. I was so hard on Kook that day when he himself was so close to death.
"V" Vernon turned to me. "You need to find Villain with the instructions I give you. There's two ways he will respond to everything- and hopefully it will be the response where we all live. He doesn't even interact with the world unless he's out for you. His only goal is to kill jungkook, and destroy the system with his new found power, so we have to act, tomorrow night."
"Tomorrow night." I agree, but Jungkook begins to panic.
"Tomorrow night?! But.. but shouldn't we plan this out more? At least let ME figure this out more?" He asks, but I know my decision.
"This is the only way to make sure you stay safe, Kook." I console him, smiling. "I can't let any more time pass where you could be hurt."
He goes quiet, but looks up and nods at me.
"Bring the rest of SEVENTEEN here, Vernon. I want to thank Jun and Minghao, and meet the rest of them for real. Like you said, we are one family now."
His words make everyone hopeful, and the mood lightens up.
"Call me Hansol, Jungkookie!" He says, and hugs him once again.
"God I'm so glad I can treat you properly now" he says, muffled with his head in the youngers shoulder.
We arranged a meeting for tomorrow. Not many words were exchanged when he said his goodbyes, but of course I feel somethings changed in Jungkook.
Everything from now on will take time.
At least that's what I thought.

5k reads y'all are wack tyy this book doesn't deserve it