The Things We Do

Beth slipped off of Sweet Pea's motorcycle just in time to make her shift at Pop's. Sweet Pea kissed her cheek softly and wished her well before taking off back to Whyte Worm.

Walking in to Pop's was always a breath of fresh air. Pop Tate was the only person who had recognized her when she finally ventured back to the North Side of the tracks and he just smiled at her and gave her a job. He didn't put himself in other people's business, so he took her new name and lighter hair in stride.

By the time her shift ended at eight, she was exhausted, but she couldn't go home. Not with Jughead at the bar. So, she asked Pop's to put in Jughead's favorite order, along with a grilled cheese for JB, Chili Cheese fries for Belle, and a Chicken Caesar salad with some Curly fries for herself. She made herself a milkshake and since Pop said it was his favorite, a chocolate shake for Jughead. Before she finally called Fangs.

"Hey, Bash." She smiled softly as he laughed at her nickname. "I'm bringing food for their Majesties and Belle. You and Sweets want anything?"

"Nah, We're good Angel. You need a ride?"

"Yeah, you mind sending Eric out to get me in the car? I can't hold the food on the bike."

"Sure thing, Sugar. See you soon."

Beth sat on the steps of Pop's eating curly fries, when Eric, one of the younger Serpents who was still earning his patch, pulled up in the Black Expedition with blacked out windows.

"Damn, 'ric. Every time you pick me up in this thing at night, I feel like I'm about to get kidnapped or shot up." Beth laughed at his disgruntled face as she hopped in the passenger seat.

"Yea, well complain to the boss, Beth, especially now since he is out. You know I only drive what he buys. Plus, you know Mr. Murphy said you should ride in the back like a proper chauffeur and shit."

"Eric, what John doesn't know won't hurt him. Plus, I hate sitting back there with you in the front. I'm not five years old." Eric just snorted and let her feed him a few fries while he drove.

The bar was packed when she arrived. Every Serpent and their significant other had come to welcome back the King. She had to greet at least twenty people before she could make it to where Sweet Pea and Fangs were playing pool with Viper and Venom.

She shook the food bags at Sweet Pea in greeting and he pointed toward the stairs. She nodded before making her way there, the crowd parting as she walked. She juggled the bags and milkshakes as she walked so that she could open the door at the top. Not bothering to knock, she just sang out the words "knock, knock" as she made her way in.

Jughead was staring her down as soon as she walked in, but JB hopped up and grabbed the bags from her as soon as she was far enough in the room. Belle, short for Bellina Maria Garcia, pulled her feet off the desk and grinned at Beth's stern look.

"Hey Angel, how was work?" Belle snapped her gum loudly, as she asked the question.

"No one got overly handsy, so that's always a good day. Plus, I brought dinner."

Jughead made to stand up and leave without even saying a word, but Beth nudged him back into his seat. "I brought you dinner too, your Majesty." She added the moniker with a cheeky grin.

She handed him his milkshake and then set about handing out the food. She didn't want to intrude, so she gathered her food into one of the bags once everyone else was digging in.

"I'll see you guys downstairs." But she hadn't even reached the door before Jughead's silky voice rang through the room.

"Wait." She stopped short.