Asshole.

Beth stumbled off the couch when her alarm went off, barely coherent enough to shut it off. She shuffled to the coffee maker to attempt to make herself a cup of coffee on the over-expensive machine Jellybean and Belle insisted they needed, all because it could make lattes. It was delicious coffee, but it was mornings like this one that she wished for a normal pot that could make 12 cups, while she took a shower.

When she finally had a cup of coffee in her system, she began breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, and Sausage with enough left for Belle and Jellybean to reheat when they finally crawled out of bed, because Jellybean burned water and Belle never cooked hungover. And even some extra for Jughead.

Just as she was finishing up cooking, she heard Jughead's door open and shuffling feet coming down the hall. He turned the corner to the kitchen and gaped at her.

"Want some coffee? Or Breakfast?" She asked after an uncomfortable few minutes of silence. Jughead blinked at her a few times, before finally nodding and slipping into the stool at the island across from her.

She slid a plate in front of him and set about making him a cup of coffee.

"Was I being too loud?"

He just looked at her confused and shoved a loud of bacon in his mouth.

"Did I wake you up by being too loud?" She clarified, setting his cup in front of him and leaning against the counter cradling hers.

"No, but why are you here?" He eyed her intensely causing her to turn away pinching the bridge of your nose.

"In the kitchen? I'm making breakfast." She could hear the impatient breath he released at her answer, which made her cringe slightly.

"In the apartment? Well, I live here. And of course, JB wouldn't tell you that important bit before you all got drunk."

"You live in my apartment." His tone was even, but Beth could tell he wasn't happy. So, she just nodded and pointed to the other side of the penthouse, toward where her and JB's rooms were.

It was with spectacular timing that a ball of black fur curled around her legs moments later. Meowing insistently at her and without thinking she scooped the bundle up into her arms, cradling it close.

"And we have a cat. That's great, just great." His tone was rising and she hated it. She wished more than anything that Jellybean had handled this.

"His name is Noodle. JB and I found him last year in the alley. In the rain. If you don't like him, take it up with your sister." Beth didn't wait for him to respond she just set the cat down and filled his bowl with food.

When she finally looked back up at him, he didn't seem sure whether he wanted to laugh, yell, or cry. So, she spoke first. "I have a meeting with Murphy this afternoon to discuss the businesses and profits. I'll ask him about renting one of the renovated apartments on the fourth floor. I don't want to be in the way."

She fled the room to get dressed before he could say anything else. As she tugged on faded blue jeans, converse, and a cropped baby blue top, she mumbled under her breath about best friend duties and wishing she had pushed JB to tell him while he was still in prison.

When she finally left her room, Jughead was leaning against the island waiting for her. She sighed before setting her tote bag and leather jacket down on the kitchen table and making her way back into the kitchen to wash the dishes. When she was deep in thought scrubbing the pans she used, Jughead finally spoke again.

"How long have you been living here?"

"Since December, but I've spent weekends here whenever I could for years." She mumbled out her answer, but he seemed to hear her just fine. She finished the dishes quickly and went to step around him, but he gripped her bicep hard shoving her back against the wall.