chapter 6

Ivory kept moving around in the bed causing me to wake up in the middle of night. "Ivory, stop moving around." I said, sitting up in the bed.

"This bed is way uncomfortable to sleep in with you. I'm gonna sleep in my room" she said.

"Ok." I said laying back down.

"It's dark in the hallway. I'm scared. Come with me?" She sounded like a little girl.

I groaned and grabbed her hand leading her to her room. I bumped into walls and doors. She giggled at me. I couldn't see a thing. When we reached her room, I searched her wall for the light switch. The light stung my eyes when I turned them on. I looked at Ivory noticing she didn't have shorts on anymore but just her black underwear on. She got in her bed and covered her body with her Mickey Mouse bed sheets. I sat on the edge of the bed beside her and tucked her in. I gave her her bear, Blue Nose. I grabbed her hands and kissed her forehead. She blushed a little. I was getting ready to go back to bed until I felt her tug on my wrist.

"Don't leave me here." she said her pretty, brown eyes looking at me.

"Why?" I said.

"I just need you here with me right now...to keep me company."

"Oh. Okay." I said putting my fingers through my hair.

"Okay. Come lay on momma's lap. Let's read a book." she said grabbing one of her old books. I laid between her legs, putting my head on her stomach.

She read the title "Goodnight Moon". She knew this was my favorite book as a little kid.

"Goodnight room, Goodnight moon." she read each word precisely as though I was a child beginning to read. I lifted up my chin to see her face. She looked down at me and smiled. "Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere."

"Do you love me? Or were you just in your feelings when you told me that." I looked up at her and she cupped her tiny hands around my face.

"Can't imagine myself with no else but you to be honest. We known each other for quite a long time. And I don't know what I feel towards you. It just felt right when I told you. It was like a huge weight being lifted off. Do you still have feelings for me?" she said. Her fingers moving across my lips and around my face.

"Yea, I do. Just trying make them not develop to something more. I broke your heart the last times. I don't wanna fuck it up the next. I don't know." I said.

"Oh." she said. She seemed quite surprised by what I just said."Did you enjoy the lapdance I gave you?".

"That's not important right now. What's important is your sleep, babe." I said trying to get off the topic.

"Your blushing. You did enjoy it." she said poking my small dimple on my left cheek.

"Yeaaa." I said.

"I'm bored." she said.

"Staring Contest." I sat up criss cross applesauce on the bed and she did the same.

"No blinking." I said.

I looked at her in her eyes. Her hair was all messy making her more attractive.

She didn't blink yet. My eyes begin to dry out. I blinked. She started jumping on the bed shouting Loser and Imma Boss Ass Bitch. I told her to shut up before she woke everyone up.

"Do you still have my glasses, I left over here a week ago?" I said.

"Yea. There in the bottom left drawer."

I looked through the pile of underwear and bras in that drawer finding my glasses tangled in them. I put them on, looking in the mirror adjusting them.