my heart's too big for just one of you [ch 2]

Things are fun in their foursome, but Sting's a bit confused about feelings.

-----

Gray was right – it wasn't weird.

The next morning, they all woke up in a tangle of legs and sheets, sleepy smiles leading to soft kisses. Breakfast was friendly as usual, but Sting noticed little touches now – Natsu's hand brushing his hip as he leaned across Sting to grab the cereal, Gray resting his ankle against Rogue's at the table.

That night they all watched a movie together, and when they sat down on the couch, Natsu immediately grabbed a cushion and flopped down in Sting's lap, while Gray wrapped an arm around Rogue without a second thought. Sting was about to say something when he realized that he didn't mind at all. Instead he started running his fingers through Natsu's hair, which earned him something that sounded like a purr.

After the movie, Gray looked at the two of them. "You coming to bed?" he asked, face open and unreserved. Sting looked at Rogue, who shrugged, then let Gray pull him up and followed him to the bedroom.

"You okay?" Natsu asked, sitting up and giving Sting a look he'd never seen before. He blinked, startled when Natsu reached up and brushed a hand across his cheek. "C'mere." Natsu tugged Sting in for a kiss, soft and gentle, nothing like yesterday's desperate passion. Sting melted into it, running a hand through Natsu's hair and pulling him closer.

"If you two are done making out, get your asses in here," Gray called, leaning out of the bedroom with his toothbrush between his teeth. "You can kiss in bed."

Nobody slept for several hours, instead spending the time exploring each other's bodies in several creative and very satisfying ways. Sting came more times that night than he ever had before, and he learned how each of them could make him feel incredible, and how he could return the favor.

He already knew Rogue well – knew that he enjoyed having his neck kissed, liked his hair being touched, liked being opened slowly and, depending on his mood, liked soft thrusts or being slammed into the mattress. Rogue liked to take others too, usually gently, while biting or kissing or slowly teasing.

Natsu was easy to read. He liked being bitten, pinned down, scratched, restrained; being fingered hard or fucked harder. He gave as good as he got, and was happy to rough up Sting if he was in the mood, which was often. Natsu talked a lot when they fucked, would whisper things in Sting's ear, tell him how good he felt or how well he took it.

Gray was more reserved, but loved to dominate Sting – tell him what to do, how to move, when to come. He liked having his nipples bitten and his hair pulled, but mostly he liked Sting on his back with his legs spread saying please and fuck and harder.

They slept in the same bed every night after that.

Eventually, Sting and Rogue moved their toiletries into the ensuite bathroom – it was bigger than the one they'd been using anyway, and it was easier if they were all sleeping in the same bed. Clothing started to migrate over until it just made sense to move the dresser. The second bedroom slowly transformed into an office, bed untouched except for storage.

Two weeks after the new arrangement, Sting got up to use the washroom at night and heard the TV. He peeked out into the living room and saw Gray on the couch, half-asleep and watching a documentary on Netflix.

"When did you come out here?" Sting asked, settling down on the couch next to Gray but not touching. "What's going on? You okay?"

"Mm. Threeish?" Gray yawned and rubbed his face. "Just too warm. I don't wanna touch people sometimes, but I feel bad going to the other bedroom." He smiled sleepily up at Sting, but didn't move closer. "You can go back to bed."