Chapter 3

They say in the heart of every person lies more secrets than any closet can hold. As the Sons of Malice keep their actions hidden, more doors to their activities will be shared. The horizon for the alliance is still showing many secrets left for them to discover.

Chapter 3: Section 3 – 1

The sun creeps over the horizon; all manner of darkness slowly fades away from the open fields and grass. The rays of sun shine at the tall, glass tower; it slowly charges up the solar panels of the imperial fortress. From the tower, the energy goes to various houses and factories. The very same solar power is used to power up the street lights, sensors, and motion detectors when ready for night time. A single skitarii awakens to the sound of his alarm; he jumps to his feet and climbs the stairs of his own personal tower. The same sun rays shine into his glass mirror. He directs the light to the next tower and picks up his small hammer. With a strike against the glass, the rays send a flicker of light to the next tower; each strike is used as signal to alert others. The same method follows to each tower as each skitarii person rings their glass. Once done, the same light harvested from the sun travels into the lower region of the towers. Many imperial citizens receive the same flash of flickering light. The light shines in their face and the solar alarms softly ring; they wake up to start their morning. It didn't take long before the ringing of the large tower to awaken every single citizen. Many wash their face; some brush their teeth. The food is being cooked or warmed up. The start of a new day brings them all a promise of a new war or challenge to face. Can such peace last? None can tell, but every man, woman, and child enjoy what time they can before faced with war.

The ringing of the tower is heard in their own home. They feel so comfortable in the bed; the softness of the bed makes it hard for them both to get up from. A set of clothes hang on a chair. There are pieces of technology and metal resting on the desk. They both are tired from their long days of war. The ringing is still heard from the towers to alert even the lazy bunch that time for leisure is over. As he opens his eyes, he groans in annoyance that the sun is up. He looks over at his clock and realizes that duty calls at the crack of dawn; he turns his view to the beautiful woman under his arms. Most of her body is made of machine and metal; the metal in her features didn't bother him what so ever. The heart of his lover is still pure as the blessing he gives each day. He holds her tight to feel her metal ribs against his. Her exposed brain on her left skull didn't bother him the slightest. If anything, he squeezes her harder. When faced with xenos like the orks, necrons, or tau, he sees pass her features with such ease. Before he can reach anywhere else, a metal tentacle shows him a message. He chuckles under his breath and looks down to see her beautiful eyes open. Lucas always did enjoy to see Lina smile; she still finds is hard to believe it at times.

Lucas says, "I wasn't going to reach anywhere else too fast. Plus, I rather you be completely awake to see it all than let your technology deny me any fun with you."

Lina props herself on top of him, "I know your mind more than you think. As for your intentions, please keep them on hold until we deal with the affairs of today. I am sure Max is already ahead of us and giving out orders."

They embrace each other with a kiss before they get out of bed. It didn't take her long to reattach her metal tools; Lucas easily dresses himself. They share one last kiss before they head out the door to face the challenges. Max is found sending out orders and alerts to everyone. The duo joins their eager friend and he welcomes his two friends with interesting news.

Max says, "I am glad that the bed didn't keep you both down. We have something to look into. A small device was left at the entrance of our camp. It was an unexpected gift."