Chapter 5

For every lost soul in the galaxy, none are truly ready to face what is out there. Many souls are sent to war; some find what they are looking for and others continue to search for the unknown. Only the brave and bold can face what the galaxy offers them.

Chapter 5: Section 5 – 1

"I have faced many horrors of what lurks in the galaxy. Each time I enter battle, there is no shortage of what I face and cut down. The ruthless Orks continue to burn, pillage, and destroy anything in their path; they are nothing but a wave of carnage that is without end. I pray that the galaxy will be ready the day the green skin hordes turn their attention to everyone else. The Necrons are old are undying; they are scattered far and wide. Long ago, my ancient ancestors fought and stopped the undead metal army; we sealed them away each time they rise. Now, we are the ones that must continue to hold back the tide until the Great Evil is defeated. The mad followers of Chaos continue to impede our chances for victory. Among the deities of the warp, She Who Thirsts still hungers for our souls; we will not forget how she waits for each of us to die. Even our dark kin are not safe from her claws. Yet, hope is something I didn't expect at this point in my life."

Two days ago, a strong psyker uses the warp and shoots it high into the sky. For those two days, everyone watches with interest. No one could predict what was going on in the territory miles away from the forward camp. They saw the intense power of the warp cut through the sky; the powers of the psyker seem limitless. None didn't say for sure what happen. All they remember is seeing the warp rise up and stop. In those two days of retreating back to the fortress, no one didn't say a word. Everyone was quiet going back; many didn't know what to say about what they remember. The only thing that is certain is what they do recall. A single man walked from the forward base of operations; the last known location of his whereabouts was near the same area of the strong warp blast. That was two days ago. It is now the fourth day. At the center of the foundry, every monitor is being used to scan for life signs. In his attempt to find him, he roars and shoves everything to the floor.

He roars, "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

The shouting and throwing alerts the others. The Lord General comes over to view the mess he made. Many begin to question his resolve; however, his leader assures him that everything is fine.

Lucas says, "You seem to be highly frustrated in your searches. Is everything alright?"

Carl of the Imperial Guardians answers, "Sir, it has been nearly four days since he last left. Did he do the right thing by letting us not go with him?"

Before an answer is given, a loud commotion occurs in the main hall. Lucas rushes there as fast as he can. He keeps hearing radio chatter of a possible break in the alliance; he issues out the order of no hostile intent towards anyone. Upon his arrival at the main hall, he finds her standing ready to unleash her fury. All four metal attachments hold up a field of energy; a blast of warp energy is cancelled out by the energy shield. In front of her, the enchanter stands strong and ready to burn her body away if she dares turn her fury against him. Lucas calls to both of them. She ignores his reply and charges up the core of an unstable device; the Blessed Techno Woman is ready to send herself to the grave soon. The great enchanter of craft world Alaitoc raises his hands to the air. A small sphere of warp fire is formed; he gathers as much as he can. Just as both are ready to begin, Lucas jumps in the center of the two. She turns off the device; he lowers his hands.

Lucas says, "What in the name of the Golden Throne are you both doing? Why do you turn on each other?"

Veldoran replies, "Your close companion is upset with me for hearing the truth. She refuses to accept what I believe has happened to your friend."