Wake up Tyler

Your POV

A couple days pass. Tyler lay in the same place he'd been since that day. His eyes would twitch every now and then. I wondered if he could hear me. What I was saying to him.

"Hey y/n. I'm going to the record store. Wanna come?"

Josh stood in the corner of the room, patiently waiting for my answer. I was scared to leave Tyler. But I knew that I couldn't stay here forever. He'd be okay. He's strong. He just doesn't realise how strong he truly is.

"Sure"

I lift the corner of my mouth, flashing Josh a tired smile.

"I won't be long Tyler."

I walk over to Josh, dusting over and straightening out my clothes. It's probably time I change those too...

"Well, you ready?"

I nod.

-

Tyler's POV

Don't be long y/n. I'll miss you.

Your POV
Josh and I walk alongside, each with our hands in our pockets. Not a word was spoken but that was ok, it wasn't awkward, just nice. It's been a while since I've gotten out like this. With Josh too.

We enter the record store. Hints of nostalgia immediately hit me. This was our favourite place to come. The three of us, together. Nothing in the world mattered when we had each other.

"Y/n"

I miss that. We'd make silly little songs together, even some more serious ones

"Y/n"

It was fun. Music is our favourite thing. We couldn't afford to buy any instruments, so we improvised. Eventually, Tyler saved up enough money to buy a piano. It meant the world to him. It helped him. I bought him a ukulele for his birthday. He doesn't remember though.

"Y/n".

My eyes widen open, I make myself familiar with my surroundings. I completely forgot where I was.

"Yeah?"

"I said do you think we should get these for Tyler? For when he wakes up. I'm sure he'd love them!"

I smile appeared on my face.

"Sure thing, Josh."

Wake up Tyler.

Tyler's POV

I was still here. From what I could hear, I was in the hospital. But I don't know why. Every now and then an imagine of a memory would flash, then go away. Before I had the chance to truly understand. A man, and a woman. Josh. And y/n. I won't forget you this time. I promise.

Your POV

"Hey Josh, do you mind if we go back to my house while we're out. It's been a couple days since I changed out of these clothes...since I'd been sleeping in the hospital with Ty."

"Sure thing y/n"

Tyler's POV

She stayed here with me. Never left my side. She was always there if I needed anything, Josh too. Did she sleep here? I could hear little snores through what must be the night. Cute little snores-

I could feel sensation through my body, as if I could feel each and every limb waking up.

My eyes began to twitch. And slightly open. But only slightly. They'd flicker. I felt weak, but I felt strong enough to get up, and go.

I pulled myself up. Looking around the room. Vintage stained curtains which draped to the floor, still closed. I find the strength to stand up, and walk towards them.

The coldness of the tiled floor tingles my feet, sending shivers through my spine.

I reach out a hand and slowly open the curtain, but immediately shut with. The blinding light of the sun scolded my eyes, forcing them to close. I'd forgotten what that was like...

Find me y/n. You know where. Just think.

If you're confused with how Tyler often forgets things, this is a representation of how Tyler only thinks about the bad things during his experience with Dema. And so he forgets the happy memories he has outside of Dema. Dark thoughts consumed him. Maybe even controlled him.

I wanted to put this aspect in because I feel I can use this, to show myself. I often become very frustrated with myself, because I don't remember things much. I have a hard time retaining information.

When you're in a dark place, you might forget the other things. The other important stuff - this is why in this 'story', Tyler forgets things.