chapter 2: house hunting

F/n pov
After introducing myself to everyone i decide to look for somewhere to live. but before i can even get to the door, a pink haired boy whos name is natsu shouts "HEY NEW KID FIGHT ME" before i have a chance to react i feel his fire hit my back "charmander" i hear from my shoulder. I rub charmanders head slightly before picking him up and putting him in the arms of mira who was going to help me find a house. I then say "you have one chance to corredt your mikstake, you CANNOT WIN" asi shout the last part i let my power flourish as white fire appears around me most of the guild starts sweating. "I CAN AND WILL WIN"he retorts. I sigh and grab his shoulder before dragging him out of the guild and leave him outside as i walk a small distance away feom him. "Now we fight, or to put it more accuratley i destroy you" he smiles, then runs at me with a fist behind him and jumping "FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST" he shouts i take his attack head on and dont even flinch. As he recalls to attack again, i quickly grab his arm and say "i am immune to fire damage" he looks shocked and then punches me in the face. My head moves slightly but not much and i return my head to its normal position "is that all you've got." He then goes ballistic and starts throwing easily dodge punches. He doesnt even touch me. I then use my magic to become a fire aspect and then move around his body and appear behind him and chop the back of his neck and he drops instantly.

Mira pov
At first i thought he was being cocky but now i see that he had a reason to be so confident. The weird lizard thing thats in my habds snuggles into my chest and says soflty "charmander" i smile and hug it tighter. F/n then walks over and asks "was i good in that fight" i nid my head silently "sorry its just im a bit insecure about whether im a good fighter or not" i smile and then say "well you definately have skills but they could always be improved" he laughs and says "thats what dad always used to say." I smile and then come to the realisation that im still holding his pet and say "oh do you want your pet back." He looks angry for a second before saying "HE IS NOT MY PET HE IS MY FRIEND" this intimidates me slightly and in a fearful voice say "ss-sorry d-do you want your friend back" he smiles before saying "if you want you can give him to me but he has never taken to someone as fast as you" i blush and say "o-ok il hold onto him for a bit." He smiles again before grabing my hand and running towards town as my face starts to heat up.

*time skip*
We are walking down the street as there are not many houses for sale or for rent but then i remember "F/n, the house next to mine is up for sale as the owner does not have the money to keep it." He smiles before saying "can you take me there." I nod and we head of towards my house.

As we arrive charmander wakes up and looks at my face before smiling and snuggling into my chest "Charmander" it says quietly "you must have a gift mira, he rarley sleeps that much" i smile and say "i dont know why he is so comfortable with me im usually alot meaner but your on my team so im being nice." He looks at me confused before askig "do you not have a lot of people on your team then" i shake my head as kost people dont really join a team but do what erza says. I starting feeling really sad but i suddenly feel two arms around me i blush and open eyes and see F/n "w-w-what a-are y-you d-doing?" I ask embaressed about the sudden embrace "hugging you because your my friend and i dont like ky friends to be unhappy." He says softly before stopping the hug, i wish he continued.

Natsu pov
He just hugged mira, me and happy have to hold our mouths shut before we laugh and give away our position. I have to tell the others about this its hilarious so i run back to the fuild.

F/n pov
I hear someone running but decide to ignore it, suddenly the person i who is selling the house turns up and says "are you here to buy the house." I nod. "Well it costs 750,000 jules for you to own it or 50,000 jules per month." It then hits me "i dont havw any money" he smiles and says "your a wizards im assuming" i nod cautiously "in that case you dont owe me any money but i do have a request." I get surprised before asking as nicely as possible "what is it." He then tells me that a demon has made its home nearby and is threatening his family, as he finishes i smile. "Then itsyour lucky day, because im a devil slayer." He smiles wider then i ever thought possible with tears in his eyes and says "thank you" repeatedly while hugging me.

Mira pov
We start to head out towards the cave and talking abot random things when suddenly in the middle of me talking F/n grabs me and jumps to the floor. As we land i hear wind rush above us and strike a tree. I need to pay more attention, but to honest i find his company too enjoyable. He stands up slowly and gets up a gaurd. He seems to be studying his surroundings as i start to get up he motions for me to stay down. I do so. Suddenly he gets hit and falls to the floor.

F/n pov
As i fall i see the demon " its a wind devil." I say to mira she nods and stands up beside me. It then stands in front of us and it hisses "so you two are the ones that defeat demons are you." We nod and i see charmander look scared and hide behind a tree. "Then it is time for you to die" it hisses. Almost immediatly me and mira are knocked to the floor. I stand back up and activate my magic but it is soon blown out by the wind from the demon. I start losing my breath as it clearly focuses its magic on drawing the air out of my lungs but it is also drawin out my magic. I start slowly striding towards the demon as it looks shocked that i can stand but i falter and fall and mira shouts "F/N!" The demon starts to do the same thing to her before he says "no you will live and be my sex slave." My eyes widen at that statement as does miras she is hen knocked unconsious and he picks her up.

Suddenly a beam of fire erupts from nearby heading straigt towards me. I eat the fire and feel my magic return. I stand up and the demon looks at me with shock and then it says "dammit how, how are you still alive." I let my power run loose. I kniw full well that the master will feel this bht saving mira is all that matters. I take a step forward and create a crater as my foot lands. The demon starts backig away but hits a tree it drops mira and runs. I then appear in front of him.  I look into his eyes and all i see is fear as i punh him in the face, sendig him cascading down a small hill near by which is also covered in thorns. I then appear next to him as he stands up. I notice master with some of the other members. Macoa is holding mira, i dont have to worry about her now. "Y-y-your a monster" the demon says trying to back away "i am not a monster, i am the death of all things wicked, i am a living hell" he tries to run but i shout "FIRE DEVIL SPIRAL HARPOON" fire spins towards him and penetrates his chest as it does the demon screeches in pain and his body exlodes leaving nothing of his body.

"Dont you think that was a bit excessive" master says as I sigh. I then reply "No, that demon needed to die i could not allow it to live. Is mira ok." Macoa then says "yeah she will be alright." I sigh and say idin the tears in my eyes "good that thing wanted to take her as a sex slave. I wont let anyone here get hurt." I then walk of towards charmander and pick him up he is cryig so i try and soothe him. Eventually he calms down as we begin to walk back to the guild. As were walking into town the owner of the house asks "is the demon dead?" I look at him and nod slightly before i say "im assuming the demon told you to send a wizard to him so he could get a sex slave." He nods sheepishly before i continue "and im also assuming that the deal was if you could get him a wizard sex slave he wouldnt use your daughter or wife but if you failed the demon would take them and kill you." He nods with tears in his eyes before he says "please dont hurt me." I walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder before saying "why? For trying to protect your family? Any sane person would do anything to protect their family. It is not your fault." Hhe smiles and wipes away the tears before saying "heres the key to that house you were looking at " i nod and reply "thank you but ive got to give you something in return." He shakes his head before saying "youve saved my family it is your reward." I smile and say "thank you."

Just before we arrive at the guild mira wakes up and pushes her way out of macoas arms as she is about to hit the floor i catch her and say "you probably wont be able to walk for a few hours because of the spell that demon used" she nods and allows me to carry her piggy back style. I feel her snuggle into my shoulder and i smile.

As we arrive in the guild Elfman and Lisanna are immediatley worried and run over to us i then say "dont worry mira will be fine she just got hit with a move that will render her unable to walk for a few hours." I then walk over to an unoccupied table and place her gently in one of the spaces on the bench. She has fallen asleep and falls on my shoulder. I smile and pat her head. "Charmander" i hear a voice call from beneath me so i pick him up and he snuggles into my chest. I hear Erzas voice say "so i heard you hugged mira." I look up and say "yeah, what about it?" She smiles and says "you're not her boyfriend are you?" I shake my head and say "no she looked sad so i tried to cheer her up. Erza then walks away feom me to a fight between gray and natsu as mira is waking up.