Chapter Twenty: A Sharpshooting Stranger

"...W-wow!!! That has like, gotta be the coolest thing I've ever heard of in my entire life!!!" Kazera squealed with amazement.

   "Oh, by the way, I'm Chikyūro. But you can call me Yūro for short. And this is Himara," Yūro explained, chuckling at the fact that they still haven't introduced each other.

   "Nice to meet you. I can infer that you already know me but nonetheless, I'm Kazera Saikuron, daughter of the Mayor of Verta City," she replied sounding as if she'd said that same sentence a million times.

   Kazera reminded Himara faintly of the popular girls at school. Catty, spoiled and full of attitude. Whenever Kazera was around either her father or people that expect her to be polite, she would always be prim and proper, however when they weren't around, she was the complete opposite. She's kinda like Yūro in a way. Himara mused, noticing that Yūro was beginning to look a tad awkward.

   "So, where exactly are we supposed to go to look for other Crystal whatevers?" Kazera asked.

   "C-Crystal Keepers. And we should head to the next town down the road," Yūro answered, a bit timid to correct Kazera. Himara also discovered that his normal, dark beige complexion on his face had hints of beet red in it.

   "Eww, you mean Jaune Town?! That place is filled with uncouth low lives and poor people! Why don't I stay here and you two kids go?" Kazera retorted, disgusted.

   "Kids?!" Himara and Yūro almost yelled out of infuriation. "We're your age!"

   "Fourteen going on fifteen? Wow, I actually thought you guys were like, ten or twelve. But seriously, I don't wanna go."

   "Please, you have to go. Who cares if the town is full of poor people, you have to go!" Himara pressed.

   "...You do know I was just kidding, right? I'd love to get out of this town! Dad never lets me leave, he thinks I'll like, DIE or something. I'm allowed to go with you guys, right?" Kazera laughed.

   Maybe Kazera is a good person. "Yup! Are you okay to go now?" Himara questioned with excitement.

   "Well, I gotta get my spear. It's my signature weapon I got five years ago when the Sealing happened. Dad thought I'd need it just in case. Especially now that the seal has been broken."

   The Sealing. Himara thought. That must be that thing Celestia told me about. The story about the two people from my realm who were brought here by Shadoe and how she uses their powers for her own. And then that... Ankoku was created from it and sealed away. But now it's awakened...

   "Sure. We'll go talk to your father and meet you back out here, 'kay?" Himara asked looking over at Yūro, who seemed to be engrossed in something, with his emerald green eyes transfixed on Kazera.

   "Okay, see ya!!" Kazera yelled happily while hurriedly jogging into the Town Hall.

   "Yūro. YŪRO!!" Himara screamed, trying to get his attention.

   "Wha?" Yūro said, dazed.

   "We have to tell the Mayor we're going to Jaune Town with Kazera. And why are you like, out of it?"

   "No uh, reason. But what are you waiting for, let's go!" Yūro said, ending the conversation and starting to run down the aisle of mahogany brick houses.

   Yūro, I know exactly the reason. And there's no need to hide it. Know why? It's happening to me, too. Except with the wrong person.

                                                                             --