Natsu and Happy's house

"Do you know where you are going, Natsu?" Zeref questioned tiredly to the energetic pink haired boy who was bulldozing his way noisily through the dead foliage.  

"Yes, I do! Don't worry!  We will be there soon!"

Zeref heaved a soft sigh.  He could feel the approaching coldness touch his face; caressing his skin as stole his remaining warmth away greedily.

"Why did you accept a place so far away from the town?"

"Cuz it was cheap!" came the optimistic reply. 

Zeref accepted the response with an unsatisfied nod.

Glancing over his shoulder,  his black eyes drifted to the evanescent horizon.   The sky was pink, with a tint of orange-gold. The sun was gradually succumbing to her slumber.  The Black wizard watched with an unwavering gaze. 

The beauty of the sunset was the only thing that brought tranquillity to  Zeref's beaten soul.  The sun had become his only companion through the harsh mornings to the freezing night back on the island.

"Hellooo, are you coming?"  Natsu's distant voice broke Zeref from his daze. The black wizard turned around to find that Natsu had walked further up the path along with Happy, without his knowledge.  Inhaling deeply, the debilitated wizard stepped forward.

"Is there any possibility you could walk a bit for slower?"  

"Not a chance"Natsu responded too hastily to  Zeref's liking.

Zeref narrowed his eyes. 

"You really are stubborn, you know".  Zeref asserted coolly.

"So I've been told"  the boy responded cheekily.

And before Zeref could utter another word, the black wizard scowled with an irritated expression as Natsu abruptly bolted away. 

Leaving him in the darkness.  Zeref sighed once more. 

So much for being in good hands.

----------Time Skip---------------------------------------------------------

No more than an hour ago,  the sky was painted with hues of red, orange and pink, but all colour had faded leaving only a black canvas with no stars to be looked upon. The clouds were probably hiding them. The darkness was thick and unwelcoming.

The only guidance Zeref had was the small flickering light at the end of the path.  As the wizard drew closer to the origin, he found himself entering into a clearing.  In front of him was a somewhat run-down building with a sign: "Natsu & Happy". 

He had finally arrived at the house.

Zeref's spent gaze fell onto the pair who were standing outside the door.  Natsu wore a smug look as he leaned against the wall.  

"You made it!" Natsu greeted the debilitated wizard.  

His greeting was met with a sharp glare.

"Tired?" Natsu smiled innocently at the Black wizard, who was struggling to stay awake; stumbled towards them.

"No, I'm fine," Zeref muttered, rubbing his eyes fiercely.  Natsu rolled his eyes at the blatant lie.  Just as he turned to unlock the door,  the sound of something heavy, hitting the ground caught the boy's attention.  Spinning around, the boy found himself staring at a passed out Zeref.   The only sign of life was the enervated breathing. 

How many times has this guy passed out?! Was he really that weak?

Natsu groaned at the scene.