Chapter 3

Alyx's P.O.V.

Adalyn had stole my phone and changed the song to I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie. The second it started Faeryn took off towards Evander for a slow dance. It was actually pretty cute. I grabbed my camera and slid down the slide, standing off to the side of the playground equipment after getting off at the bottom to try to get a picture of the two of them together. I lowered my camera to look at the picture I just captured and decide if it turned out well enough to keep or if I needed to try again. I looked up from my camera to see Lyn leading Max towards me. Shit. For some reason she has it in her head that Max and I are in love and that we're going to end up together and have beautiful babies one day. Yeah, right... Love isn't something that's in the cards for me. Plus, there's no way in hell Max would ever have feelings for me. I don't have feelings for him. Not to mention, he's 3 years older and his sister has on multiple occasions voiced that her friends, especially her younger friends, are extremely off limits to him. So why Lyn won't just let her little fantasy go, I have no idea. Just as Lyn and Max were about 6 steps away from me, his sister, Everly, rounded the corner. Thank goodness, saved by the sister. She saw Lyn and Max headed towards me and sprinted towards us, jumping in between me and them. She then grabbed my hands and started dancing with me instead. Earning a laugh out of me, and an annoyed look out of Lyn. I also noticed an almost sad look from Max, what the hell was that about? The song soon ended, and I stole my phone back and turned on the dance playlist Lyn and I had made last summer. We stayed like that for hours, just goofing off, dancing, laughing, having the time of our lives. I'm sure we got on the nerves of everyone that lived in the area directly around the park, except for maybe the sweet older woman that kept peeking out her back door and smiling, probably reminiscing on her teen years when she acted in a similar fashion with her friends. Regardless of whomever's nerves we got on, in that moment, I wished summer would never end, even though it had just begun.

Author's Note:
Hey, y'all, Jordyn here. I know it's been awhile since I updated last, and I apologize. Depression is a bitch that likes to steal my creativity and motivation every chance it gets. :/ However, I'm working on getting myself back into at least a semi-decent place mentally, so hopefully I can get some of my creativity back and start putting out new chapters more regularly. I'm sorry for the short chapter, but over the past two nights this is what I could come up with. I'm hoping I can make the next chapter better and longer. As always, let me know what you think (constructive criticism welcome) and enjoy reading!