Chapter One

"ALYX! GET YOUR ASS OUT FRONT AND MAKE SURE HE SEES YOU! BEFORE DANNY GETS HIS STUPID ASS!" My best friend, Adalyn, yelled at me as she ran up the stairs. "Who the hell are you talking about? Nothing is going on. If there was I'm sure I would hear Danny by now." I said. "You know damn good and well who I'm talking about, don't play stupid with me Alyxandra."  Well shit, she used the Mom voice on me. Just then I heard the door across the street slam and someone screaming. "THAT'S RIGHT GO RUN TO YOUR FUCKING DADDY LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO!" Damn it, there goes Danny. "DO NOT FUCKING BRING MY DAD INTO THIS ASSHOLE!" And there he was, the man of the hour apparently. I knew then I had to get out there, before he did something stupid. I don't know why he calmed down when he saw me, but it worked everytime, so might as well save him some trouble. 

                                  I got up and went downstairs, walking out the front door into the yard. Danny saw me, so he knew he could go back inside to calm down. "MAX!" I yelled at the idiot standing by his truck across the street. "GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" When Max looked at me, his features automatically softened, and all the anger in him seemed to drain immediately. He slowly started walking over to me, probably scared I was going to smack him or something. When he reached me he just directed his gaze to the ground. I lifted his chin up. "What the hell was going on?" I asked him. "You know how Danny makes me..." He trailed off. Yes, I did know, but that didn't mean to  cause a ruckus for the whole damn street to watch. "Well, don't you think you could have handled it a little better? You know, leave before it got too bad? I've been upstairs in my room all damn day reading. You could have came over and sat for a few hours until y'all were calmed down." I said calmly. "I know." He said, sounding somewhat like a sad toddler. Suddenly, Adalyn spoke up. "How come when your mom or sister tell you to calm the hell down you can't do it, but as soon as you see this little cunt, you calm down instantly and she doesn't even have to say a damn word?" Gee, thanks Lyn. -.- "I don't want to scare her. I know she has panic attacks and shit when there's too much  screaming and people are fighting. I don't like to see her like that. And other reasons..." Wow. I wasn't expecting an answer like that. What were his other reasons...? "How about we all go hang out at the park until everyone gets calmed down? We'll call Faeryn, and Evander to tag along. How does that sound?" I asked, knowing they would agree. "Sure." They said, following me as I started towards the park.

Hey guys, author here. this is the first story I've wrote in a long while. And my first story that isn't a fanfiction. So please let me know what you think, constructive criticism welcome. thanks so much for reading! -Lizzie