[5] John Deacon

You went to visit your sibling in northern England

You went to visit your sibling in northern England. It was a couple of weeks trip.

-/-

John had been sulking for the past few days. Of course, he never liked that you left for a few weeks, but now he was upset for a different reason.

Today was the day you would be back and John was extremely nervous. He thought he had acted irritating before you left that had annoyed you. If he recalls correctly, he might've whined and acted a little too clingy for your liking.

The band members were having breakfast, chatting calmly while eating and drinking. That was until John interrupted their conversation to complain about what was on his mind for the past few days now.

"It's so unfair! All of you guys received letters but I, boyfriend do you mind, did not receive a single one!"

Freddie knew this was bothering the man but he also knew today was the day you would return home, so he decided to ignore John complaining.

"Why don't you finish your breakfast? The faster you eat, the sooner [your name] will arrive home," Freddie advised the boy.

John sighed, and dramatically raised his fork and started playing with his food after he leaned his elbow on the counter. He moved his meal around the plate and cut some small pieces here and there, but refused to actually eat something.

Brian raised one eyebrow and whispered to Roger, "doesn't he notice that that doesn't make any sense at all?"

Roger shrugged while observing John, who was stabbing his food by now. Mumbling to himself slightly and wondering what he had done to piss you off.

"Hi," you smiled and peeked around the doors of the barn, meeting the eyes of Roger and Brian, and the backs of Freddie and John.

"Darling! Finally, you have arrived!" Freddie approached you with his arms open, inviting you for a hug. You gladly accepted the invite and hugged him back tightly.

"How was your journey?" Roger smiled at you and took a sip of his coffee.

"It was pleasant, thank you," you nodded and kept smiling. Your gaze went to John who hadn't even turned his head to greet you.

Instead of waiting for him, you walked to your boyfriend and hugged him from behind. You pressed butterfly kisses on his cheeks and felt him squirm underneath your touch.

He huffed and pecked your lips swiftly before turning back to his food. His hair tickled your face as you looked at Freddie with a bewildered expression.

What's wrong? You mouthed. Freddie didn't care about being quiet so he just answered, "ask him yourself. John's been acting like a brat. Best of luck getting him to respond to you." Freddie snickered and filled a cup with coffee.

Before you could ask John, he turned to look at you. "You didn't send me any letters," he mumbled and pouted.

You frowned, "I most certainly have."

John's face lighted up for a moment but he frowned right after he gave it some thought. "What happened to them then?"

You shrugged, "might've gotten lost in the mail," you said.

John jumped on his feet and put on his coat. "Let's go to the post office!" John smiled and grabbed your hand.

You pulled him back and pointed to his plate with his, now cold, breakfast. "You haven't eaten anything!"

John stalled and spun around on his heels quickly. He stuffed his mouth with three bites of scrambled eggs and added a slice of crispy bacon. "Come on!" He said, almost spitting out the food.

You laughed at your boyfriend as you got dragged out of the barn, "I guess we'll be on our way again then. See you!" You shouted to the three boys who were left behind. All relieved you were back to manage John's peculiar behavior.

***

Do you play any instruments or sing?

Ugh, I feel so bad I just want to be better and go to school.