Problems in a Small Town

Good morning or noon or evening, whatever time it is for you. I'm Brenna. An 8th grader at a new school, and by new I mean this is my first year at this school. We are actually in the second semester already.

My best friend, Marie, and I were hanging around at a local coffee shop when, Ellie, a fellow 8th grader and player on our basketball team walked in.

"Hey, Ellie!" Marie smiled

"Morning, m-lady." I saluted

"Hi." She replied sitting next to me on the couch. "So any news on what's been going on 'round the town."

We both shook our heads, sighing. "We should scout tonight. Once everyone goes to bed it is pretty easy to sneak out." I explained

"Meet at 11?" Ellie asked standing up

Marie and I nodded and Ellie left with her mom. We stayed a bit longer and then Marie drove me home.

"11?"

I smirked and nodded "11." I stepped out of the van and saluted to her "Later."

At 11: Marie

"Where is she, Ellie? Brenna is usually the first one here." I questioned as I paced in circles

Ellie sat in a chair spinning around nervously "II donn'tt knooooowwwww."

"Hello."

"GAH" We yelled together

"Sorry, I had to wait for Mamaw to fall asleep." Brenna replied as she unzipped her jacket.

"Okay then, master of professionalism. What's the plan?" Ellie asked, messing with her beanie

Brenna simply walked to her desk and sat. "Well the facts we have found are that this person targets high schoolers, especially freshmen who are just adjusting to the high school life, they obviously don't live here, but near by, and they specialize in meth and meth containing products."

"That's not much to go on." I said

Ellie looked worried (and gay), so I placed a hand on her shoulder.

Brenna stared at her laptop screen before slamming it closed and standing up, "No, no it's not."

"So... what do we do?" Ellie asked her

Brenna walked to our super cool, designed by her, super outfits and threw them at us.

She smirked at us, making me want to strangle her and her professionalness, "We find more."